Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 04:41 PM

Re: Favourite kitchen tool

My favourite or at least most used kitchen tool was my hands. Now they are arthritic, so I have had to learn to use a small mixer, results not quite the same but better than shop bought.

At one time I used to trade at a large flea market I did a roaring trade in small vegetable knives, the ladies got to know me and would come to replace knives thrown out with the potato peelings. This happened just about every week.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 08:55 AM

I too take away most kitchen utensils when going on holiday, especially to a caravan, as theirs are always blunt or non stick. So the car gets loaded up with sharp knives, veg peeler, frying pans (tiny one for frying egg and a bigger one), and maybe a small saucepan.

I can't work out my favourite really but have to say a can opener is always handy. Oh, yes, I have a utensil that helps to open jars but sometimes I just whack it on the lid to release the vacuum.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2015, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
My favourite is not that old but, so handy and saves my poor old pinkies! It's a rotary cheese grater, best thing I ever bought for the kitchen drawer!

A lot of newer style gadgets that claim to 'do the job quicker' are usually so fiddly you end up doing it by hand to save time.

The oldies, such as your grater, were efficient with no fuss. I like my old bean slicer for that reason, The newer type don't pull through without snapping.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top