Join for free
Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 04:28 PM

Re: How to live with body pain when you're afraid of taking meds?

Originally Posted by Honey ->
It seems some think we take statins just for the fun of it, nothing could be further from the truth, they're a lifesaver for many of us who have tried alternatives, all to no avail
Sadly, it's a double-edged sword. If we take it, we have to live with the side-effects. If we don't take it, we risk stroke and heart attack. But what's stupid is a lot of the drugs on the market today put you at higher risk for stroke and heart attack anyway.

Maybe we should just go back to the old days where people simply died when their bodies quit working properly, LOL
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Hey, no worries, you've given me some excellent advice and lots to think about. Again, I'll speak with my doctor about the Valium

And I see you found my stain thread and said "Oh not this one as well."

Haha, yes, I was having problems with taking statins every day, but since cutting them back to every other day, the muscle weakness has vanished. Don't know if they contribute any to my body aches, but at least I don't feel like my legs weigh 100 pounds anymore.

I know, I'm a mess
Don't worry, you will live forever Good idea to have your level check again and a neck ultrasound, see how things are going and also stop you worrying
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Don't worry, you will live forever Good idea to have your level check again and a neck ultrasound, see how things are going and also stop you worrying
Oh I don't worry too much about that. In fact I've put off having my cholesterol checked because I keep forgetting about it. Right now my concern is trying to live day to day without pain and without going on yet more medication. I already feel like a walking pharmacy.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 04:45 PM

Oh I don't worry too much about that. In fact I've put off having my cholesterol checked because I keep forgetting about it. Right now my concern is trying to live day to day without pain and without going on yet more medication. I already feel like a walking pharmacy.
Yes living without out pain would be nice I agree as I am fed up with it. However I have zero intention of shoving more medication down my throat to stop pain, pain is pain and from what I can see of the options, all have addictions and side effects worse than any relief they may give, unless a person is dying. So I ain't taking the stuff.
Plus ALL medication has the one same side effect on the box "may cause erectile dysfunction", how inviting is that I ask? Never the opposite, ever!!!
Linda0818
USA

28-10-2015, 04:49 PM

Yes living without out pain would be nice I agree as I am fed up with it. However I have zero intention of shoving more medication down my throat to stop pain, pain is pain and from what I can see of the options, all have addictions and side effects worse than any relief they may give, unless a person is dying. So I ain't taking the stuff.
Plus ALL medication has the one same side effect on the box "may cause erectile dysfunction", how inviting is that I ask? Never the opposite, ever!!!
Haha, that's very true. There are never positive side-effects to any of these meds. Just once I'd like to read...

WARNING: May cause your heart to revert back to when you were 20, increase sexual desire and add an extra 25 years to your life.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2015, 04:50 PM

I can understand your not wanting to take pills, have you easy access to a pain relieving gel? In
England we have Ibuprofen gel, and a little goes a long way, it might be the massage that goes with it but I prefer it to pills myself. There are other gels but they smell of embrocation and you don't want to smell of that all day. Or an ultra violet lamp, the heat does help but I prefer the gel.
I nearly forgot, when applying the gel, don't just massage the painful bit but massage the area around the pain, every little helps.
Linda0818
USA

28-10-2015, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->
I can understand your not wanting to take pills, have you easy access to a pain relieving gel? In
England we have Ibuprofen gel, and a little goes a long way, it might be the massage that goes with it but I prefer it to pills myself. There are other gels but they smell of embrocation and you don't want to smell of that all day. Or an ultra violet lamp, the heat does help but I prefer the gel.
I nearly forgot, when applying the gel, don't just massage the painful bit but massage the area around the pain, every little helps.
Yes, we have pain-relieving gels. I have Mineral Ice, but forget to use it. Thanks for the reminder! I need to use it especially at night on my hips.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

28-10-2015, 07:48 PM

Yes, we have pain-relieving gels. I have Mineral Ice, but forget to use it. Thanks for the reminder! I need to use it especially at night on my hips.
I think it is gonner be quicker is you just tell me which bits still function and don't hurt
Linda0818
USA

28-10-2015, 09:59 PM

I think it is gonner be quicker is you just tell me which bits still function and don't hurt
Ummmm... hmmmmmmm... let me think... well it surely isn't my brain, so that's out.

My hair?

LOL
dukeofearl
south coast uk

28-10-2015, 11:23 PM

Ummmm... hmmmmmmm... let me think... well it surely isn't my brain, so that's out.

My hair?

LOL
Oh good, that can be arranged xx

Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top