Join for free
Page 9 of 19 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2015, 11:10 PM

Re: I start Chemotherapy on Monday

I wish you lived around the corner Susan so I could drop in for a cup of tea.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Glad youve got anti sickness drugs to take Susan I know they dont take all the icky feeling away but at least it should help with the main nausea...if you feel like going to bed ,go to bed thats what I do ....the tiredness is so bad sometimes.
My house has gone to the dogs literally lately so dont worry if you can only do so much or nothing even...it wont go away it will still be there for when youre more able.

Keep strong and all our thoughts are with you ...hugs to you
Thank you Andrea, you are right - they help with the majority of the actual nausea, but still leave you feeling like you've got a terrible case of food poisoning, only without the actual vomiting. Mind you, I've had tea at my daughter's before and if I cope with the sickness after her cooking (apparently you only have to cook a chicken for 20 minutes...) I can cope with anything.

The house isn't too bad, the cat doesn't make a mess other than coat everything with fur and all I've been doing is eating sandwiches and soup (very little of either) which creates only a small amount of washing that the dishwasher does for me.

If I was "going public" about it I would have no qualms in hiring a cleaner to do a couple of hours per week to keep the house to my standard of cleanliness, but I'm not.

On that subject, I know it has been said that my daughter will be more distraught when it comes out and she finds out I didn't tell her. Whilst that could be true, my hope is that I can get through the worst bit of this surreptitiously and then break the news when I am on the "home stretch". Of course it could go wrong and I end up more ill and then she will hate me for not telling her.

That's a risk I'm willing to take though, for now at least.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 06:10 PM

Susan, you do whatever you feel is right. You will be on that home run before you know it and, if everything goes well ( which it will ) you may not have to tell her at all. You are entitled to have all your own way when you are going through chemo.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 10:02 AM

ScottishCatLady,

So very sorry Susan to read this thread, but you sound like one very strong lady, "I Take my hat off to you" I can only reiterate what your friends on here have said Stay strong gal beat it again and let it be third time lucky.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 06:04 PM

i am following your posts s c l ......you amaze me like so many with it , be strong- good luck thro this ordeal .... women are strong souls .....
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 06:19 PM

Thank you again. I'm now starting to feel a little bit human again (actually going to eat a chicken roast dinner!) which I expected. The first week of chemo is always the worst, and that's now almost over.

The doctors want to know how my cancer responds to the treatment and will then decide whether or not to go for surgery and if so how extreme etc...

This is only the first part of treatment and very little is known at the moment.

Hopefully I'll manage a full week of work next week. I can't stand sitting around the house doing nothing. Especially now I am starting to feel better again.

Take care all. I'll keep this thread updated.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->
Thank you again. I'm now starting to feel a little bit human again (actually going to eat a chicken roast dinner!) which I expected. The first week of chemo is always the worst, and that's now almost over.

The doctors want to know how my cancer responds to the treatment and will then decide whether or not to go for surgery and if so how extreme etc...

This is only the first part of treatment and very little is known at the moment.

Hopefully I'll manage a full week of work next week. I can't stand sitting around the house doing nothing. Especially now I am starting to feel better again.

Thank you for updating your circumstances there Lady.
And yes, depending on what the job is, it can help rather than perhaps just sitting/standing around the house doing not a lot.
Best wishes

Kenny
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2015, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->

That's good to hear, that you are eating more! Hope you continue to do well.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2015, 03:49 PM

Well done, Susan. Each day is one day closer to finishing treatment.

Don't push yourself too hard at work.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2015, 04:29 PM

You have beaten it twice, you can beat it again.
Good luck, here is a poem I wrote some years ago, your post reminded me of it. :-
Don't be a rock, people love to help especially loved ones.

She called me her rock, I didn't want to be,
There was nobody else , so it had to be me.

He called me his rock., I didn't want to be,
There was nobody else, so it had to be me.

Now I need a rock, why can't they see?
I am not as strong as I seem to be.

You may not be as strong as you think, help is at hand, accept it.

Page 9 of 19 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top