Join for free
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2009, 11:10 AM

Bargin buys??

Well I mentioned it on the insomniac thread late last night and this is what happened.

Himself is an outdoors man.. Craghopper attire, walking, climbing kind of chap. He has 1 suit, dark blue, dated and yukky. It comes out for the usual events but its not a nice suit and ive mentioned it needs turning into a new one for a while.
Recently we had an invitation to a friends wedding. I feared the suit might end up coming too so ive pressured him to buy a new one. He doesnt go to shops or show any interest in clothes so I knew it would take some pushing.
However I was in Tesco the other day getting a couple of tops for myself and I took a stroll to the menswear. I hadn't reaslised how nice their suits are and considering how infrequently said new suit will be out and about the thought of spending over £100 was pretty upsetting! But there it was... the sale rail!!!!
I found several lovely ones, all I needed was himself to come and look and try a jacket on. So last night at midnight we went to Tesco! After him moaning about the colour and me insisting it was very nice he chose a suit.
The price??? Jacked £15.95 reduced from £45 and the trousers £7 from £21 Also got a nice shirt and tie for £8.. I think thats possible my bargin of the year!! And even if I say so myself he does look rather lovely in it but then I do like to see a man in a suit!!

Whats your best bargin ever been?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2009, 12:16 PM

Re: Bargin buys??

What a bargain Cassie! Your man has to be well pleased with that ........ it must be the bargain of the year!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2009, 01:07 PM

That is a bargain.
And if a suit is only a once in a blue moon event I'm sure it will look good and last for ages too.

I love to see the men dressed up - right up to DJ and cummerbund. I think it's a shame they take so much prompting to do it!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2009, 04:47 PM

That worked out beautifully! Excellent bargain.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2009, 09:56 PM

That ws a bargain! I am never lucky!! Good for you at getting such a bargain!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top