Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 10:50 PM

Spiders

Isn't it strange how if there is a spider on the ceiling somewhere, I always look up at that precise moment, and spot it.
I don't believe I would have looked up if there hadn't been anything there, so what makes me look up just at that moment? It's not as if I have seen it move out of the corner of my eye.

Today, on my bathroom ceiling, I saw the biggest spider in the whole world, bigger than a football.
(I'm getting a bit carried away now, but it wasn't 'arf a size!
Now I know some of you will say I'm wicked, but I swatted it. It is common a reaction to something we are frightened of, probably learned from my mother, who was terrified of 'em.
Then tonight, on my kitchen ceiling, it's brother was sat there, watching me. Now if that mammoth thing had come down his web on me during the night, nobody here would ever hear from me again - because I would be dead, with a heart attack.

I have never had spiders as big of footballs indoors before, I hope I don't get any more either!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 11:10 PM

Re: Spiders

It's getting cooler & house spiders come into houses at this time of year.
They can be very big too. I don't like them but I'd not kill one.
I try to catch it & put it outside, it is the thought of it landing on me at night that makes me move the ones in our bedroom, if I can't reach it I yell for OH or Son.

Taken from a link.

Many people are frightened of spiders but don't panic - there are many ways to get rid of the eight-legged crawlers without killing them.
Trap the spider under a glass or jar and slide a piece of cardboard underneath before releasing it outside
Stuck in the bath? Drape a towel over the edge so the spider can crawl out and then shake it off outside
Gently sweep into a dustpan and lightly tap the pan to stop the spider from moving while you take it outside
Coax the spider onto a long stick or ruler and take outside. Vacuum up old webs

If you don't want to see spider pics don't open the link, it has a few.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34026269
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 11:20 PM

Hey Tiffany, how come your post repeated itself twice? Have you seen it? That's odd.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 11:22 PM

I deleted it Mups. Hiccup with my pc, it sometimes does that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-08-2015, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I deleted it Mups. Hiccup with my pc, it sometimes does that.

Ooer, I'm not dreaming, it's still double. I know I've had a glass of wine but I'm not seeing double - honest.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

22-08-2015, 11:37 PM

Oooh! Err!!, Not showing double here as I deleted it. Weird that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-08-2015, 11:40 PM

Weirder and weirder. There is a list of about 9 things showing on your post here. I guess we'll have to wait and see if anyone else is seeing double too.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

23-08-2015, 12:02 AM

I'll quote it & see what happens.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

23-08-2015, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
It's getting cooler & house spiders come into houses at this time of year.
They can be very big too. I don't like them but I'd not kill one.
I try to catch it & put it outside, it is the thought of it landing on me at night that makes me move the ones in our bedroom, if I can't reach it I yell for OH or Son.

Taken from a link.

Many people are frightened of spiders but don't panic - there are many ways to get rid of the eight-legged crawlers without killing them.
Trap the spider under a glass or jar and slide a piece of cardboard underneath before releasing it outside
Stuck in the bath? Drape a towel over the edge so the spider can crawl out and then shake it off outside
Gently sweep into a dustpan and lightly tap the pan to stop the spider from moving while you take it outside
Coax the spider onto a long stick or ruler and take outside. Vacuum up old webs

If you don't want to see spider pics don't open the link, it has a few.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34026269
I saw the problem & managed to delete it this time, it was my error, the link I quoted had posted twice, but I only deleted one of them & when I looked my brain wasn't seeing both at all.
Off to bed now, night Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-08-2015, 12:10 AM

Thank Gawd it wasn't the wine.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top