Join for free
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 > Last »
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 09:10 PM

I start Chemotherapy on Monday

I have beaten cancer twice in my life.

They say "third time lucky", but I am not so sure.

I was again diagnosed with breast cancer again last week. They thought it had gone, I had convinced myself it had gone... But, alas it had not.

It is stage 3 and the doctors have given me the positive prognosis that if I follow the treatment plan, I have a "good chance".

The last twice I was diagnosed I was so scared and prayed that I would survive. Thankfully I did.

When I got home on Monday from my diagnosis, I didn't feel anything.

Now I don't have anyone who depends on me, my daughter has her own children and yes I did want to be around when they grow up to be adults, but we can't have everything we want.

God has his plan for me, and what will be will be.

After the first round of Chemo, they want to do a double mastectomy.

I'll take everything they suggest and we will see what happens. Maybe I'll beat it again, maybe I won't.

It sounds strange, but I am at peace. I am alive today, sitting here smoking my cigarette and drinking my wine.

As Lena Martell sang, "One Day At A Time, Sweet Jesus".

I have decided not to tell anybody that I know "in person". My brother lives in the states and my family have enough going on that they don't need to be bothered with my problems.

If things get "serious" then I will tell them, but until I have to I will keep it to myself.

That maybe sounds strange to some people, but it makes sense for me.

Sorry to post another depressing subject, but I thought it only right to let you know what is happening and why I may not post as much for a while.

Also, because you don't know who I am in the "real world", I feel I can be 100% honest with you. I can tell you guys anything and that helps a lot.

God bless you all.

-Susan.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 09:14 PM

Re: I start Chemotherapy on Monday

Stay strong. I will be thinking of you and will pray for you.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 09:16 PM

I wish you all the best Susan, things have come a long way in treating this cancer. My thoughts will be with you during this challenging time.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 09:20 PM

My best wishes to you Susan ... (hugs) too
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 09:22 PM

Susan I know you must be feeling awful right now,but just think youve beaten it twice already and I agree totally with your outlook as in what will be will be...as you may or may not know I am going through chemo for Breast cancer currently atm if you ever feel like a chat about anything at all just PM me anytime ....sending you big hugs ,I know you will be strong
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 09:23 PM

Praying for you Susan and I did it 3 times and survived so it can be done.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 09:23 PM

Sending you special kind thoughts.Be strong.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 09:26 PM

Susan .. all the best and no it doesn't sound strange to not tell anyone 'in person'.
Nor than you can, or prefer, to tell us instead .... some of my closest confidantes have been online friends. I know what you mean.

We'll all be routing for you. Good Luck... and raise a glass in a toast to yourself.
XX
Tuppy
South East England
Tuppy is female  Tuppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 09:37 PM

Good luck with the treatment Susan, I admire you for dealing with this the way you have.. best wishes

Tuppy
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 09:38 PM

You are so brave Susan xx

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top