Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 04:54 PM

Re: Runner Beans, (removing the tops )

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi DM I have seen these in the plant catalogues and know people grow them. But when they are to be dried anyway, are readily available in the shops and space is scarce for many of us in the UK they are not a first choice crop for many I do buy them though from the heath food shops.
Sorry, I wasn't clear... the point is that it's impossible to get them FRESH unless you grow them yourself! That description with the oil, vinegar, pepper was for fresh borlotti, which are delicious.

Oh yes, I'd never waste limited space to grow beans for drying!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Sorry, I wasn't clear... the point is that it's impossible to get them FRESH unless you grow them yourself! That description with the oil, vinegar, pepper was for fresh borlotti, which are delicious.

Oh yes, I'd never waste limited space to grow beans for drying!
..oh I see
sorry Eileen, I have not seen them 'fresh' anywhere ..
mm I bet they are lovely ..
I would imagine tender young 'de skinned' broad beans are similar ..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Wow! Mighty large bra on the clothes line.
Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
LOL. good to hear I'm not the only one, Meg! Not having to wear a bra most of the time is one of the joys of retirement.... never around the house, only if I'm going somewhere and will be seen!
Oh dear Eileen I fear we have spoilt ABs illusion
..and now back to beans..
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 08:01 PM

LOL, hopefully he's in the garden having a libation, reading and will miss these posts!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top