Join for free
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2011, 06:59 AM

Moles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had enough they have been spoken to, had a written warning used kill traps and used live traps, shoved stuff down the holes and flooded the holes we put 7 traps out yesterday and I went down the garden at 6 this morning with the dogs and there are 3 more hills!!!!!!!!!!!!!will check the traps in a minute. These moles go round and under the traps which are set with fresh gloves so there is no scent the traps are under buckets but they can still backfill the bucket. As for live traps they just go straight through bacfilling as they go.My lawn is very undermined and you can feel yourself sinking if you stand over a run.
Anyone got any ideas please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2011, 11:55 AM

Re: Moles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had some success with the battery-powered humming things. Worth a try?
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

21-06-2011, 08:20 PM

Similar idea to the suggestion from Orangutan, I have used a simple thing like a childs plastic windmill.
Just stick it in the ground on top of a mole run.

It worked for me and cost nowt except for paying a few coppers to the owner of the windmill (my youngest grandaughter )to keep quiet about it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2011, 08:34 PM

I have every sympathy Geordiegirl - we have the little blighters as well and can't get rid of them. In the past I have even encouraged my dogs to pee on the molehills, but it did no good. I also once contacted somebody on the internet who was supposed to be a mole expert . He said they don't do any real harm, but even if they don't they have made a right mess in my rose beds this year. He told me that the soil must be full of worms. The only good thing about them is that they make lovely soil when they throw up their molehills and you can put it on the garden.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top