Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 04:19 PM

Re: 'Christmas' removed...

Miserable Lot!! I and my family love Christmas. This year I'm buying presents for 14 grandchildren, 3 sons and their respective spouses, 1 wife (1 is more than enough!) plus enough food and drink to sink a battleship. I have 53 years worth of accumulated tree lights and decorations and I still find more that I must have. Oh I always have a real tree cos I cant stand the artificial "loo brush" trees. Does Christmas come too soon? Not for my family and I it doesn't.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
You dont have to buy into the whole madness, i push the boat out a bit for Xmas day and Boxing day then its back to normal, no one is forcing me to go beyond that.

And i agree that the iced cake is available all year. Just heard Asda is not taking part in the Black Friday nonsense, and my local supermarket has not bothered yet with the mall decorations and the only tree visible is a bonsai version and quite minimalist.

Perhaps the light is beginning to dawn.
I definitely do not buy into the madness Nom but it is getting harder to escape from the pre commercial gumpf when it is plastered all over shops and well and truly shoved in your face
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 05:58 PM

You dont have to buy into the whole madness, i push the boat out a bit for Xmas day and Boxing day then its back to normal, no one is forcing me to go beyond that.

And i agree that the iced cake is available all year. Just heard Asda is not taking part in the Black Friday nonsense, and my local supermarket has not bothered yet with the mall decorations and the only tree visible is a bonsai version and quite minimalist.

Perhaps the light is beginning to dawn.
I wish it were that way here. Here in the states they start tossing out the Christmas deco as soon as Halloween is over, some stores even before that. You're tired of Christmas long before it even gets here.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 06:06 PM

But you do Halloween and Xmas so well over there! We're only just catching up on things I saw in the shops back in the 80's and early nineties! Those lovely wreaths and Santas!
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
But you do Halloween and Xmas so well over there! We're only just catching up on things I saw in the shops back in the 80's and early nineties! Those lovely wreaths and Santas!
We definitely love our Halloween. People spend tons of money on candy, costumes, decorations, parties...

Another excuse to get drunk, LOL
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
I wish it were that way here. Here in the states they start tossing out the Christmas deco as soon as Halloween is over, some stores even before that. You're tired of Christmas long before it even gets here.
Its the same here Linda, what im saying is just ignore it till you are ready, it does seem that many of the shops around my way are much more low key now perhaps related to the depressed economic state.
Linda0818
USA

13-11-2015, 06:20 PM

Its the same here Linda, what im saying is just ignore it till you are ready, it does seem that many of the shops around my way are much more low key now perhaps related to the depressed economic state.
I do ignore it for the most part, but it's not as easy to ignore the bell-ringers. These are the people who work for the Salvation Army and sit at the entrances and exit doors to just about every store you walk into. They're usually dressed in Christmas garb and they stand there ringing those damned bells to get people to drop money into their pots. And they're everywhere. Now, while I'm not THAT much of a Scrooge, as I do drop money in on occasion, it's a little annoying when they look at you longingly, hoping you'll give them something, when you just gave up the last of your loose change at store you were at prior. You feel guilty for passing them by.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 07:05 PM

I blame Bliar TBH.
Linda0818
USA

13-11-2015, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I blame Bliar TBH.
Sorry, I have no idea who that is

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top