Join for free
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 01:52 AM

Adventurous?

Would you try something 'savoury' - if you did NOT know what it was, and it looked a little uninviting??

Have you in fact done this, and been shocked to discover what you have just eaten???

Rainbow
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 01:57 PM

Re: Adventurous?

Yes

My friend had some vegetables and seaweed vegetables and forced me to try a bit... SEAWEED I thought? But it was actually quite nice
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 05:31 PM

Not personally as I will try anything once.

But I remember taking my `team` out when I left the office in Wakefield.

Pauline ordered the prawns and they arrived un peeled.

Quiet whisper-Steph-what do I do with these?
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 08:30 PM

Seaweed is quite a healthy mineral - and if it tastes good too? - splendid

As for Prawns ..... LUV 'EM !!!

Rainbow
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 10:50 PM

Absolutely not! I have to know exactly what I am eating and don't like foods touching each other on the plate, stupid or what?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Absolutely not! I have to know exactly what I am eating and don't like foods touching each other on the plate, stupid or what?
Funny you should mention about foods touching each other Maryl. You're not on your own-was watching Come Dine With Me earlier on, and a lady on there didn't like foods touching. Because of that, the presentation of her meal was perfect

I will try different things, but I have to know first what they are....
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 11:04 PM

I have far too many silly food fads Merz which is not helpful as I seriously need to put on weight, but that's another thread .......
Rainbow
Surrey UK

28-08-2010, 11:13 PM

Hello Maryl, Your reply gave me an idea for a new Topic!

Have a look in the General Chat Section and you will see what I mean! (Hopefully, you might share and include your reply too).

Kind Regards,
Rainbow
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 08:08 AM

In the past I have eaten Octopus, Snake, Turtle, Starfish but for the last 40yrs I have stayed with the down to earth food, I hate the smell and look of Curry(if it smells and looks like dog poo it can not be healthy to eat).
I love Crab but my body rejects it as it does with Cheese.
Favourite meal, Steak Pudding, Fish Chips and Mushy.( Must be the living in a Chip shop as a kid that did it.)
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2010, 08:28 PM

I hate the smell and look of Curry(if it smells and looks like dog poo it can not be healthy to eat).

I love all Indian/SE Asian food but some places do sell odd looking food.

Not poo but I once mentioned that a `kebab`?looked a lot like a dog`s willy

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top