Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 10:47 PM

Re: You're So Vain

I just want to be able to keep walking.

And, if society permits, keep riding my Bike, that'll do.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2019, 11:56 PM

I like a good walk.Have spent all day just walking.Town and country.There was a tube strike and I had to walk to work.Paddington to Farringdon,I enjoyed it so much I never went underground again.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Maybe it's just me but I can't help but feel that these people all need a healthy dose of humility and realism.

The outright vanity of someone criticising other people for the way they dress or look astounds me.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I do wonder how much of this can be attributed to the posing for mobile phone 'selfies' with the stupid pose and equally stupid, pouting lips? How ridiculous some of these people look!
You have a good point there, when we were young we took pictures of places and scenery so we had memories to look back on now the camera is constantly pointed inward to the picture taker. Now that's vanity thinking all anyone will ever want to see is your face and not the beauty around you.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You have a good point there, when we were young we took pictures of places and scenery so we had memories to look back on now the camera is constantly pointed inward to the picture taker. Now that's vanity thinking all anyone will ever want to see is your face and not the beauty around you.
In those days every photo taken also had considerable cost attached to it so what to take was chosen carefully. Nowadays with mobile phones the cost is a monthly payment so a person could take 1,000s of photos whenever they wish and the cost really is minimal. This also makes each one of less importance, I also doubt many people who take these 'selfies' look back on them. It's what is in the 'here and now' which appears to more important to some people today.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
The first two pics show "bodybuilders" who very likely used steroids to get like that. I may well be wrong, but I think the odds are in my favour. The third pic is of a guy from somewhere like Brazil, if memory serves, and he gave himself fake muscles by injecting himself with Synthol - you'd have to be nuts to risk doing that.
Correct Tachyon, but note I DID label all 3 pictures under the heading of "Steroid/Synthol Freaks".

It is I fear a form of mental illness. Anyone with such a self obsession over their body is harbouring unresolved problems and deficiencies elsewhere. It is surely a form of coping mechanism. One can not successfully get through society and most of life's challenges whilst being wholly concerned just with oneself and how you look. That mentality spills over into all areas of live. In business managers generally want to employ people with good people skills and who intergrate well with others in a team capacity. Uber vain people simply are not generally good candidates because they don't have much capacity to empathise with others or consider their needs. They are only concerned with their own egos. Give me a "plain Jane" any day as she will work well and provide great input into a wider team.

I agree with you about the steroid/synthol users. As with all drug addictions it's just ludicrous and a path to destruction and later health issues.

Just being natural is imho the best way.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 12:29 PM

[QUOTE=Realist;1673986]Correct Tachyon, but note I DID label all 3 pictures under the heading of "Steroid/Synthol Freaks".

It is I fear a form of mental illness. Anyone with such a self obsession over their body is harbouring unresolved problems and deficiencies elsewhere. It is surely a form of coping mechanism. They are only concerned with their own egos. Give me a "plain Jane" any day as she will work well and provide great input into a wider team.

. As with all drug addictions it's just ludicrous and a path to destruction and later health issues.

Have you ever had a form of mental illness?...off topic,I will start a thread about it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 12:33 PM

Watched a lovely gentle drama/comedy with Larry Lamb and Hayley Mills recently.
Both in their 70s, both attractive and charismatic...Hayley still lovely and no flipping surgery!!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	80727_v9_bb.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	9156  
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
In those days every photo taken also had considerable cost attached to it so what to take was chosen carefully. Nowadays with mobile phones the cost is a monthly payment so a person could take 1,000s of photos whenever they wish and the cost really is minimal. This also makes each one of less importance, I also doubt many people who take these 'selfies' look back on them. It's what is in the 'here and now' which appears to more important to some people today.
That's very true and we weren't sexting either as anything dodgy was being checked by the pharmacy or boots or where ever they were developed. So a lot of todays crimes couldn't take place.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2019, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Watched a lovely gentle drama/comedy with Larry Lamb and Hayley Mills recently.
Both in their 70s, both attractive and charismatic...Hayley still lovely and no flipping surgery!!
Lovely to see Ruthio

Another one for me, the lovely Rene Russo

From 1996

And still lovely in 2019

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top