Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2012, 09:50 PM

Re: A Wee Bit of Advice Please....

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Roxy darlin' after you've received the results of your tests, make an appointment to see your surgery's Dietician nurse - perhaps S/he can help you with a 'proper' diet of things which you can eat.
Aye I will do, I expect they will refer me over if need be.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2012, 09:52 PM

Hi Rox, Meg is right about the porridge - shame you don't like it, I'm not overkeen either

carbohydrates break down into glucose, and the total amount you eat will have an effect on your blood glucose levels, so being aware of your portion sizes you can achieve good glucose control.
High-fibre carbohydrates such as wholegrains and fruit are good.

You can eat all meat...lamb, beef, pork, chicken, turkey etc., including liver, kidneys etc., though not sausages, they have a high cereal content.
Eggs, cheese and Natural yoghurt and fish.

Brown rice and brown bread, cucumber, cabbage, toms and broccoli.
Eat your apples with the peel on. (they digest slower which helps to keep the blood sugar lower) as do jacket potatoes.
There is a pyramid idea doing the rounds, sweets, fats and alcohol at the top...beans, grains and starches are at the bottom. Top is a no no and bottom is good. High fibre and low fat are near the bottom too.

I've been looking for something for you to read, and this was on my favourites
http://ezinearticles.com/?List-of-Fo...Eat&id=1688822
I do hope it helps...but really, it is all down to eating the things you know are not good..like chocolate
...and there's nothing wrong with a packet of crisps
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2012, 12:35 PM

Yes sounds like a good idea, these dieticians are good because they know what is right for you.Good luck, but it might be alright in the end, you may be fine.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2012, 01:34 PM

I hope so Annie Keeping my Fingers Crossed. But as I said it won't do me any harm to eat a wee bit more healthy. Will let you know the Results as I get them.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2012, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I hope so Annie Keeping my Fingers Crossed. But as I said it won't do me any harm to eat a wee bit more healthy. Will let you know the Results as I get them.
I eat healthily Roxy darlin' - which is why I commend you to 'safari' meats - they are all lean meat and very good and healthy for you.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

04-08-2012, 02:44 PM

The Laird would have a Blue Fit if I brought some of that kind of Food into the House lol.
For Lunch today I had a Brown Bread Pork Sandwich, a couple of wee Satsumas and a Twinnings Fruit Tea. No Breakfast other than my 2 Big Mugs of Coffee that I have every Day.
Dinner Tonight...not sure yet as we're off out.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2012, 02:51 PM

Roxy darlin' - venison steaks!!! - very lean and very healthy.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

04-08-2012, 02:55 PM

Yes That's True, but I find Venison is an aquired taste....and I don't have it. The only Meat I eat is Beef, Pork, Chicken, Turkey. I'm a real Fuss Pot lol lol.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

04-08-2012, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes That's True, but I find Venison is an aquired taste....and I don't have it. The only Meat I eat is Beef, Pork, Chicken, Turkey. I'm a real Fuss Pot lol lol.
I presume you've seen on another thread what I will be eating for Sunday lunch tomorrow - roast Duck with a cherry sauce. Hmmmmmmmmmmm delicious!!!

Since you don't like Venison, try Ostrich or Kangaroo - again very lean and very healthy and not quite so strong. These too are delightful.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

04-08-2012, 03:07 PM

No Thanks Geoff lol. Besides ther's no where I could get them way up here on the Edge of The World.
Am away now....Horses to Groom for his Majesty lol.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top