Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2014, 05:07 PM

Re: Sponsoring a business

Originally Posted by comeandgo ->
I give plenty of money to charity each year.

I want the person I sponsor to be in the UK or my island home, and I want to be in personal contact with them so I can take an interest in their business without interfering in any way.

Someone has come to my attention, and they would be grateful for the dosh. I am giving them serious consideration with the help of my kids.
Well if you have someone in mind id start with a loan of a small amount,not the full 20.000,
Id check out the business idea to see if its viable, is it going to be worked from home or is there a need for premises,all this has to be taken into account,
Have they been made Bankrupt before,theres a lot of risk involve with what you want to do .The person might decide to take the money and take off.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

04-11-2014, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Well if you have someone in mind id start with a loan of a small amount,not the full 20.000,
Id check out the business idea to see if its viable, is it going to be worked from home or is there a need for premises,all this has to be taken into account,
Have they been made Bankrupt before,theres a lot of risk involve with what you want to do .The person might decide to take the money and take off.
The person is reputable, I know that for a fact. Anyway I will leave it to my kids to have the final say so, they have POA where I am concerned, I insisted on it after my husband's devastating illness. He was always in charge of our business affairs until then, I don't have a business brain..
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2014, 07:49 PM

Have to say that you're in a very fortunate position Comeandgo. No matter what you choose to do.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

05-11-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Have to say that you're in a very fortunate position Comeandgo. No matter what you choose to do.
In what way am I in a fortunate position?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top