Join for free
Page 17 of 33 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 02:00 PM

Re: Senior Home Office official QUITS after vicious rows with Priti Patel

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Any level of swearing and shouting is unacceptable in normal circumstances but particularly if you have taken some ministerial oath to promise to treat your staff and peers with dignity and respect. We have to have some standards in high office. They are meant to set an example.
I'm with you on this one.
Most of the defence for Patel on here seems to revolve around the view that civil servants aren't popular, are slow/thick/dumb penpushers and so it's alright to bully them as they need a rocket under them anyway.

Whereas in reality they're saying to anyone in their own respective workplace who feels bullied....
Don't whine you're a victim. Shut up. Suck it up. Don't complain and grow a pair.

Boris has made yet another major gaff.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm with you on this one.
Most of the defence for Patel on here seems to revolve around the view that civil servants aren't popular, are slow/thick/dumb penpushers and so it's alright to bully them as they need a rocket under them anyway.

Whereas in reality they're saying to anyone in their own respective workplace who feels bullied....
Don't whine you're a victim. Shut up. Suck it up. Don't complain and grow a pair.

Boris has made yet another major gaff.
Indeed he has .....
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 02:33 PM

Two days in and the sour grapes desperation on the part of a few stragglers who refuse to accept change continues.
All your moaning is not going to make one jot of difference.
Neither should it when the report was itself by a civil servant (it would have been better from an independent) and the terminolgy contained in the supposed conclusion is ambiguous.

Hurrah for putting quangoist civil servants in their place and for reminding them that they exist to serve the wishes of the people, not to deliberately obstruct those performing that task as directed by a representative chosen by election just because they happen not to agree.
If more civil servants wish to leave because of the perceived difficulties as advised by the decryers like those in this thread I hope they do - but somehow I do not expect a rush to the exit.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Indeed he has .....
Indeed he has not!

Boris has proven his mettle yet again by not succumbing to leftists, to snowflake do-gooders, or to EUrophiles intent only upon attempting revenge - in other words bullying.
Hypocrisy at it's finest from those demanding action for what remains unfounded allegations.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I disagree.

My defence for Patel is that her civil servants, probably like all civil servants, feel that THEY are the people who make the decisions about how the country is run.

Is that democracy? Are civil servants elected by the people? If they fail to do what the majority of people want, can they be removed?

That is why it is essential that they should do the bidding of their ministers whether they like it or not.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Indeed he has not!

Boris has proven his mettle yet again by not succumbing to leftists, to snowflake do-gooders, or to EUrophiles intent only upon attempting revenge - in other words bullying.
Hypocrisy at it's finest from those demanding action for what remains unfounded allegations.
Absolutely.

I read a lot of criticism of Boris in the press, even in the Express, but so far he has done all the right things in my opinion (with the possible exception of HS2).

If he continues to do what the majority of us want, he and his party will be elected again in four years. If he lets us down at the last minute (Brexit), I'm sure he won't!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Absolutely.

I read a lot of criticism of Boris in the press, even in the Express, but so far he has done all the right things in my opinion (with the possible exception of HS2).

If he continues to do what the majority of us want, he and his party will be elected again in four years. If he lets us down at the last minute (Brexit), I'm sure he won't!
I regret to inform you that you're in the minority - the majority of us think that Boris is doing badly:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...pproval-rating

Zaphod
Lincs UK

21-11-2020, 03:21 PM

I regret to inform you that you're in the minority - the majority of us think that Boris is doing badly
Have you not yet learned not to rely upon polls?

And have you not learned yet that opinion is a fickle emotion?

It doesn't matter.
The next GE is almost 4 years away - plenty time to get Brexit done and to start the economy booming.
Let's see how your beloved opinion polls fare then in a GE, the only poll that counts.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-11-2020, 03:22 PM

I regret to inform you that you're in the minority - the majority of us think that Boris is doing badly:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...pproval-rating

Ah, the infamous 'polls'!

This one done in a certain north London constituency, perhaps?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

21-11-2020, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ah, the infamous 'polls'!

This one done in a certain north London constituency, perhaps?
Altrincham, I think .....

Page 17 of 33 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top