Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 01:43 PM

Back Pain.

Hi

I have never suffered from it before and to be honest have been quite unsympathetic to those who claimed to have it.

It always seemed to be a good excuse for some not to do things, it is not visible like a broken arm or leg.

Last night was my first experience of it and it does sting, a lot.

My back will not do what I tell it too, even bending down was impossible, so frustrating.

Many thanks for all the advice, a hot waterbottle under a belt and gentle movement is easing things.

There is no chance of me lifting anything and I am hobbling round like an old man.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 02:01 PM

Re: Back Pain.

Try rubbing some Muscle Rub into your back Swimmers.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 03:12 PM

Ibuprofen gel is pretty good I find and try to keep moving hope you feel better soon.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 03:18 PM

Ive had and am also currently having moderate to severe back pain,I have two microwave heat pads that I use regularly and I keep getting up now and again to keep moving albeit shuffling along.
Ibuprofen is good as Julie mentioned.
Be careful once your back feels better not to over stretch it. Now its happened once it can in all likelyhood occur again in the future.
It usually should start to see improvement in a couple of weeks,or longer depending on how bad it is.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Ibuprofen gel is pretty good I find and try to keep moving hope you feel better soon.
Hi

I have a very nasty reaction to Ibuprofen, so out of the question for me.

I have just managed to do the washing up and clean the cooker and worktops, but lifting a bowl of water was impossible.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have a very nasty reaction to Ibuprofen, so out of the question for me.

I have just managed to do the washing up and clean the cooker and worktops, but lifting a bowl of water was impossible.
Dont even try to lift anything heavier than a cup of coffee...
I generally limit what I do around the house depending on how it feels,I have to take ages to get upstairs as I can only go one step at a time.. I find sitting in a rigid chair with a firm seat more comfy on my back than slouching on a sofa too.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I was going to suggest this, it really is quite good.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 03:25 PM

get better soon Swimmy x
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 03:44 PM

You really ought to see a doctor - if only to find out what caused it.

I have back pain sometimes. Mines caused by bulging discs and when it's playing me up I lie on a back stretcher a couple of times a day for 5 minutes a time. It helps me.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 03:48 PM

This is the back stretcher I use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/wellbeing-p...back+stretcher

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top