Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 07:05 PM

Re: slaughter free meat

I shall leave you to have the last word ,im not going to argue the toss anymore. Im off this thread...I dont agree with you .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I shall leave you to have the last word ,im not going to argue the toss anymore. Im off this thread...I dont agree with you .
I don't mind that you don't agree with me. If you are still here, point out anything I posted that you think was incorrect.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by mups ->
same old remarks tara, over and over again in spite of knowing not a single person here will agree with your selfish, uneducated statement.

Animals, and insects are all here as an important part of the natural eco-system and nature.
They go about their daily life, helping nature survive, reproducing, getting ill and eventually dying - just the same as you and me.

They are no more there for 'human use' than you are here for theirs.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Same old remarks Tara, over and over again in spite of knowing not a single person here will agree with your selfish, uneducated statement.

Animals, and insects are all here as an important part of the natural eco-system and nature.
They go about their daily life, helping nature survive, reproducing, getting ill and eventually dying - just the same as you and me.

Great post Mups and spot on.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
How many more animal species would be extinct but for the fact we care and tend them prior to slaughtering and eating them???
don't know coz its never been tried, we just go about killing them.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
don't know coz its never been tried, we just go about killing them.
That, with respect, misses the point.
The vast majority of the animals that get slaughtered would NOT exist if there was no market for them in the food industry. Farmers would not have herds of cattle or sheep and incur the expense of breeding them and feeding them if there was no return for them in doing so.

It's just simple economics.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
That, with respect, misses the point.
The vast majority of the animals that get slaughtered would NOT exist if there was no market for them in the food industry. Farmers would not have herds of cattle or sheep and incur the expense of breeding them and feeding them if there was no return for them in doing so.

It's just simple economics.
I think the points being made are that breeding animals for slaughter isn't ethical. But I find it appalling that so much meat is thrown away because people don't buy it all or it goes off. It's a crying shame. At least if animals are killed they should be eaten with some gratitude and not thrown in the bin.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

18-10-2018, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think the points being made are that breeding animals for slaughter isn't ethical. But I find it appalling that so much meat is thrown away because people don't buy it all or it goes off. It's a crying shame. At least if animals are killed they should be eaten with some gratitude and not thrown in the bin.
No dispute with that but I was addressing this point:

That's just incorrect. Plain wrong. They are there for human use. As I said, most of the slaughter is of beasts farmed because they can be sold, slaughtered and go into the food chain. That's the raison d'être for them existing. And income for the farmer.

If we all stopped eating potatoes, none would be grown.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 11:49 PM

For once, I agree with you. They wouldn't exist if there was no market for meat products.

What utter bunkum! Animals wouldn't exist if it wasn't for meat ey? And animals wouldn't exist if it wasn't for us 'allowing' them to be here?
Do you think humans invented them then?

Then tell me where the first animals on our planet came from then?
Were they man made then?
Did Adam and Eve invent birds, insects, mammals, fish in test tubes?
Must have been a sizeable test tube for the Dinosaurs.

Unless you meant to say the vast number of animals bred for human consumption would dramatically drop if there weren't so many humans on the planet?
Is that what you should have said perhaps?

It was the humans who bred like sex-mad rabbits and multiplied and multiplied.
Then some bright sparks thought it a good idea to import millions more humans from their own countries, add a few more, so there wasn't enough food to go round. What a good idea!

Then even more bright sparks thought it another good idea to start 'Intensive Farming' methods to feed all these humans they found they found themselves with?

Animals would certainly NOT die out if we didn't eat them, but the ones that remained would escape intensive farming systems and their miserable existence until their death.

And seeing as you keep mentioning farmers, I will tell you I was married to one, so do know a little about their way of life - do you?

I also kept over 200 poultry, water fowl, guinea fowl, peacocks, and aviary birds, as well as 11 dairy goats - and never ate a single one. So don't tell me animals would die out if it wasn't for humans. Some of us just love and enjoy them too.

In fact if you think animals are only kept to eat and be used, your poor dog hadn't better turn his back on you for long!

I have said all I want to say on this subject.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 11:55 PM

No dispute with that but I was addressing this point:

That's just incorrect. Plain wrong. They are there for human use. As I said, most of the slaughter is of beasts farmed because they can be sold, slaughtered and go into the food chain. That's the raison d'être for them existing. And income for the farmer.

If we all stopped eating potatoes, none would be grown.
I find that point hard to understand because animals were here before humans. I don't think we created potatoes or other vegetables. We have interfered with nature but we are part of it, it's not there for us, it is there for nature & we are nature. If we disappeared from the planet I am sure that there would still be potatoes. After all we don't cultivate deadly nightshade but it springs up regardless.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top