Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 08:57 AM

Incompetent Civil Servants have cost us £150 Million

Civil Servants in the Dept of Health lobbied to have an enquiry moved to the Cabinet Office to avoid extensive criticism of their handling of Carillion contract.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...llion-projects
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 09:15 AM

Re: Incompetent Civil Servants have cost us £150 Million

that amount is not even half a days collection in tax i don't think
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
that amount is not even half a days collection in tax i don't think

And your point is???
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 09:31 AM

my point is, if you missed it, that that amount is peanuts to the amount the government spend every year.Maybe that is clearer for you!

They waste far more on paying out dole money to those who could be working instead

There are thousands of jobs out there. if not in employment in self employed instead.

Jobs such as window cleaning to gardening etc. I even came across jobs like oven cleaning to name but a few
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

19-10-2018, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
my point is, if you missed it, that that amount is peanuts to the amount the government spend every year.Maybe that is clearer for you!

They waste far more on paying out dole money to those who could be working instead
So if, as you say 'its peanuts', then why don't YOU pay the exchequer the equivalent amount!!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

19-10-2018, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So if, as you say 'its peanuts', then why don't YOU pay the exchequer the equivalent amount!!!
Now that just shows you up UJ, by making stupid remarks.
As they put in school end of term reports, "could do better"
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 11:19 AM

We are in real trouble here due to incompetence like that, half built tower blocks no one really wanted, finance director of the council gone missing, councilors making decisions without the consent of the public. Town centres a mess of construction and cranes and it's costing millions just for the scaffolding each month.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top