Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 07:47 PM

Re: Footsteps in the Night

if I can't sleep I get up and go on the internet as I don't like to keep my hubby awake tossing and turning if he has to get up for work.

I do sleep quite well these days but I have had periods of insomnia and it's the pits.

I find night time a very lonely time when I cant sleep so its good I can use the net to play facebook games.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2018, 08:11 PM

If I wake in the middle of the night I can sometimes be awake for a couple of hours. So I make a cup of tea and go on the internet. This why I sometimes post at 4 or 5am. Warm milk is not as comforting as a cuppa. But I usually take some painkillers and a kalms too. Seems to work.

I'm not sure about others but I find that this happens when I eat too late in the evening.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 04:58 AM

Longfellow, I was terribly sorry to read the news about your sister. I hope you are faring well with her loss. Like you, if I am up in the night, I am usually sparked with energy. One of my favorite middle-of-the night pastimes is vacuuming the house. My kids attribute their insensitivity to "things that go bump in the night" to being desensitized by my bursts of domestication.

You all have me thinking about what it is that drives bouts sleeplessness. It seems like near everyone has a sense that our thoughts are either a little more bothersome or exaggerated at night.

I envy my dogs being able sleep at the drop of a hat.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 09:16 AM

Yes why is it pets have no problem sleeping? My cats can sleep 18 hours a day they wake up for feeding and pooping....I'm coming back as a cat

When I can't sleep I come online and pester folk here posting and playing games till I get sleepy again....works for me
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

What do you do when insomniacal?
I just try to get to sleep. If that doesn't work, I just lay there thinking. I mean, thinking is so important, don't you think?
I think, if we all moved a bit closer to each other, we could spend the night together, when we can't get to sleep.
What do you think?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 11:22 AM

I have been better at sleeping of late but one thing I know not to do is to lay there fretting about not being able to sleep.

So I get up and do something which doesn't stimulate my brain too much like starting off a batch of bead or ironing before trying again to sleep. I usually can get to sleep then because whatever I was thinking about that caused me not to get to sleep has had time to leave my mind.

Sorry to hear about your sister Longfellow
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 04:44 PM

IAM LIGHT SLEEPER -but I wake every nite some times I have been in bed just a hr ' but its no good trying to fathom it out as it gets silly 'the brain works its own way ..sometimes it can be 3 times a nite ' but get tired thro the day ' zzzzzzzz
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 10:09 PM

I frequently wake between 3.30 - 4.30am, I go downstairs and get stuck into my Sudoku books for an hour or so.

Sorry to hear about your sister Longfellow...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 10:35 PM

Usually, the only time that l have trouble sleeping is, if l eat something sugary before l go to bed.
I do put Vick vapour rub or Mentolatum on the soles of my feet at bedtime and l fall asleep almost immediately.
If l wake and can’t get back to sleep, l either eat a banana or have a bowl of Cornflakes or Rice Krispies.

Surfermom, l don’t think l would ever sleep if l lived where you do!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2018, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Usually, the only time that l have trouble sleeping is, if l eat something sugary before l go to bed.
I do put Vick vapour rub or Mentolatum on the soles of my feet at bedtime and l fall asleep almost immediately.
If l wake and can’t get back to sleep, l either eat a banana or have a bowl of Cornflakes or Rice Krispies.

Surfermom, l don’t think l would ever sleep if l lived where you do!
Banana and lettuce are meant to help you sleep. A lettuce sandwich apparently.

But I do like rubbing vicks into the soles or just perfumed oil (rose oil from weleda is nice) ot arnica salve. They did this to SiL's mum when she had COPD in France, I mean it was a hospital treatment to rub oil into the soles of the feet. They should do more of that here.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top