Join for free
Page 11 of 72 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 06:53 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Yes my hubby's parents always use to say that the sea grog has come when they had a Caravan in Hornsea. Something like a dense fog coming off the sea!
We call it a sea fret Sue. Different name, same thing. Sometimes it can be a sign of a lovely day and other times it can linger for hours.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 07:25 PM

Apparently heavy rain is forecast for the next several days, so I expect we'll be having some hot sunny weather quite out of character for February!

Of course, rain, snow, sleet, gales, thunderstorms and earthquakes mean nothing to us stoic Yorkshire people.

Southerners are warned not to go out unless their journey is absolutely essential.
Yorkies, you'll need your top coat.
Emerald
Yorkshire
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 08:01 PM

Hi Emerald, i know what you mean a showers as good as anything.. Have you seen the new Blade sculpture there erecting in Hull?
Hi Sue. Do you mean that monstrosity they've already erected in Victoria Square. There's not going to be another erection is there? Totally out of keeping with the architecture in the area.
Anyway, about the shower. My son is living with me temporarily until his house is ready. He's working nights so don't want to disturb him with the noisy shower. Actually I might do it more often. Fantastic showers with great big shower head and a deluge of water. Brilliant.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 11:14 PM

Was in Hull last week Emerald, Mrs Fox and me park the car at St Andrews Quay and walk beside the river into Hull where we obtain lunch at the 'Secret Garden' then return the same way.
Being an engineer I was quite taken by the blade, but I can understand why some people aren't impressed. It doesn't quite fit in it's location.

Very sunny here today but the wind kept it cool. Took a drive out to a garden centre at Shiptonthorpe for lunch. Ended up having a big breakfast, delicious!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 11:52 PM

We're regulars at Secret Garden in Brid Bob, afternoon special, coffee and cream cake! Not seen the blade yet, we have a weekend booked for Hull in May hoping there will be City of Culture events taking place then.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Apparently heavy rain is forecast for the next several days, so I expect we'll be having some hot sunny weather quite out of character for February!

Of course, rain, snow, sleet, gales, thunderstorms and earthquakes mean nothing to us stoic Yorkshire people.

Southerners are warned not to go out unless their journey is absolutely essential.
Yorkies, you'll need your top coat.
Bring it on JBR who needs a top coat
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Emerald ->
Hi Sue. Do you mean that monstrosity they've already erected in Victoria Square. There's not going to be another erection is there? Totally out of keeping with the architecture in the area.
Anyway, about the shower. My son is living with me temporarily until his house is ready. He's working nights so don't want to disturb him with the noisy shower. Actually I might do it more often. Fantastic showers with great big shower head and a deluge of water. Brilliant.
I was reading the Yorkshire life magazine and there was an article on the Blade sculpture and yes it's the one in Victoria square.. It's very BIG!!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

05-02-2017, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Was in Hull last week Emerald, Mrs Fox and me park the car at St Andrews Quay and walk beside the river into Hull where we obtain lunch at the 'Secret Garden' then return the same way.
Being an engineer I was quite taken by the blade, but I can understand why some people aren't impressed. It doesn't quite fit in it's location.

Very sunny here today but the wind kept it cool. Took a drive out to a garden centre at Shiptonthorpe for lunch. Ended up having a big breakfast, delicious!
Do you think that the Blade signifies the whole of East Yorkshire because of all the wind farms it has?
Emerald
Yorkshire
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2017, 11:30 AM

I was reading the Yorkshire life magazine and there was an article on the Blade sculpture and yes it's the one in Victoria square.. It's very BIG!!
They claim it's a sculpture but in actual fact it's a genuine part for an offshore windmill. Just shows how huge they are. And of course, once the City of C is over it will be shipped out and erected where it can't be seen.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

05-02-2017, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Emerald ->
They claim it's a sculpture but in actual fact it's a genuine part for an offshore windmill. Just shows how huge they are. And of course, once the City of C is over it will be shipped out and erected where it can't be seen.
Ah well nothing lasts forever..

Page 11 of 72 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top