Join for free
Page 16 of 26 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 08:29 PM

Re: Boris Johnson resigns.

If Corbyn were ever to be PM, a man who has opposed the EU all his political career, he too would not deliver BrExit, he simply would not be allowed to.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
She has no intention of delivering BrExit

She has dillied and dallied to buy time for the EU propaganda machine to go into overdrive in the media and social media so that when the Great BrExit Fudge is implemented, there will be less angry people.
It's not working then, is it?

The more she prats about, the more people are becoming angry with her. That's the impression I get from comments both here and elsewhere, anyway.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It's not working then, is it?

The more she prats about, the more people are becoming angry with her. That's the impression I get from comments both here and elsewhere, anyway.
No I disagree. If you look wider than this forum you'll see that the general strategy of the propaganda is to sow the seeds in people's minds that there isn't a clear "Leave", that it's all about what kind of BrExit, what kind of compromise etc etc. They have people discussion all of that, the different kinds of fudges, which is what they want. There should be absolutely no discussion. Leave is Leave, no EU, no ECJ but step by step they are sowing the seeds across the national for different types and flavours of BrExit, ALL of which involve staying under EU/ECJ control, except the option of "No Deal".

This will go on and on I predict until such time as their analysts are confident that enough people have been suckered into the idea of BrExit flavours at which point they will announce a second referendum on the specific flavour.

Problem is at that point not one of the flavours will be a clear exit from the EU/ECJ.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 08:44 PM

If Corbyn were ever to be PM, a man who has opposed the EU all his political career, he too would not deliver BrExit, he simply would not be allowed to.
Yes, I'm sure he would do a U-turn. He's good at that. In fact, he does whatever his political masters - Momentum - tell him to do.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-07-2018, 08:52 PM

No I disagree. If you look wider than this forum you'll see that the general strategy of the propaganda is to sow the seeds in people's minds that there isn't a clear "Leave", that it's all about what kind of BrExit, what kind of compromise etc etc. They have people discussion all of that, the different kinds of fudges, which is what they want. There should be absolutely no discussion. Leave is Leave, no EU, no ECJ but step by step they are sowing the seeds across the national for different types and flavours of BrExit, ALL of which involve staying under EU/ECJ control, except the option of "No Deal".

This will go on and on I predict until such time as their analysts are confident that enough people have been suckered into the idea of BrExit flavours at which point they will announce a second referendum on the specific flavour.

Problem is at that point not one of the flavours will be a clear exit from the EU/ECJ.
Yes I see your way of thinking. You could well be right.

The strategy has certainly not influenced my opinion, though.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 09:17 PM

The level of economic naivete on this forum is phenomenal. Some people actually seem to think we voted to walk away from and cut all ties with our biggest trading partner. If you trade with the EU you need to comply with their standards because that's a condition of trade with them. We can't afford not to trade with them. Anyone who thinks we can is living in a dreamworld.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

10-07-2018, 09:33 PM

AnnieS, bless you

We are not talking about trading standards. We are talking about the UK being under the control and law of the EU and the ECJ. Those things must go.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-07-2018, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The level of economic naivete on this forum is phenomenal. Some people actually seem to think we voted to walk away from and cut all ties with our biggest trading partner. If you trade with the EU you need to comply with their standards because that's a condition of trade with them. We can't afford not to trade with them. Anyone who thinks we can is living in a dreamworld.
I must live in a dreamworld, then.

Like 17.4 million others!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Obviously, I have heard about the Canada-style deal, but is it really what we want? Would what is good for Canada (and the EU) be good for us?

"The lack of obligations on Canada in return for EU market access has made a CETA-style relationship attractive to some Brexiteers, as it would respect campaign promises to end large sums of money being sent to Brussels and allow greater controls on EU immigration.

But, critics have pointed out such an agreement would not offer the same level of access to EU markets for UK companies - especially in the dominant services sector - as currently enjoyed under Britain's membership of the single market and customs union."

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-wh...-deal-11096397
Hi

The Canada deal is what a Free Trade Deal is, it is the norm, it deals with goods and agricultural products.

It is was what we are seeking with the rest of the World when we leave the EU.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 10:03 PM

AnnieS, bless you

We are not talking about trading standards. We are talking about the UK being under the control and law of the EU and the ECJ. Those things must go.
These are trading standards. You need some sort of legal framework for trade and as we have been tied to the EU for so long most of our trading relationship is not covered by English law!

Honestly you'd think people didn't understand that this would happen if we tried to split from the EU. You cannot just split from the EU as if we'd never been a part of it. You have to compromise on certain areas because otherwise you create a right mess. Why do you think Norway, Sweden and Canada are stupid? In any negotiation there is compromise and this is no different.

I really do think some people here have no idea of how the economy works.

Page 16 of 26 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top