Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 01:36 PM

Re: A new local landmark

Originally Posted by Meg ->
How strange and it might take some removing and more cost if the building is to be renovated. A better option might have been compulsory purchase by the council and renovation of the building adding to the housing stock to let or resell preserving the overall facade of a beautiful old building .

For Silver Tabby to see...

Thank you, Meg, it looks very strange - hope it works!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 02:15 PM

If it was private property then if I was the owner unless I had been warned by the council of repair being needed in their opinion giving me the opportunity to have my own surveyor assess the property and if needed time to do what he advised I would definitely sue the backside off the council who made that awful mess.

If nothing else that will take £££ off the value of the property and pile £££ on building insurance.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
If it was private property then if I was the owner unless I had been warned by the council of repair being needed in their opinion giving me the opportunity to have my own surveyor assess the property and if needed time to do what he advised I would definitely sue the backside off the council who made that awful mess.

If nothing else that will take £££ off the value of the property and pile £££ on building insurance.
Agreed. I'll bet a £ to a penny the council didn't even check the Land Registry to find out who owns the house. In any case, Acro props and planks would probably have sorted any structural problems until remedial work can be carried out rather than filling the ground floor with that expanding foam.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 09:57 PM

I liked some of the comments...

"That foam could have been used to fill the potholes"
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:01 PM

Just a thought - how will 'they' ever dispose of all that foam? Is it something the fire brigade could flush away?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:03 PM

That's the trouble with expanding foam. It never stops when you stop squeezing.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

26-07-2021, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's the trouble with expanding foam. It never stops when you stop squeezing.
Just don't start squeezing things in LTP - the consequences could be dire!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:27 PM

At least the cats and the idiots can't get in.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

26-07-2021, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
At least the cats and the idiots can't get in.
In LTP? You managed it!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 06:45 AM

Hi

The report in the link I posted clearly stares that the Council are in contact with the owner.

The work was done by the owners Contractors.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top