Join for free
Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 08:34 AM

Re: Haircuts

why do women dye their hair as the real colour is the eyebrows. A dead giveaway as usually they are the same colour as the hair
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
How is that going?!!

I have always dyed my own hair and snipped at my fringe occasionslly, so it's not too bad for me yet...

I think half way down my back is not a hair length that would become me though!
You have a hairy back??
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I'm due to go to the hairdressers in a weeks time, guess that isn't going to happen. I don't mind it growing, but it's going to get very grey if this carries on & one thing I said I'd never do, was go grey gracefully. Seems I'll now have no choice.
That's my problem too Tiffany, I am so used to having my Highlights and Lowlights done regularly to cover the grey, but they are slowly being overtaken. I wouldn't mind as no-one can normally see me at the present time, but we have a family quiz twice a week on our phones and my nephew uses some sort of app where 5 different families all appear on screen together to do the quiz. Trouble is, you are able to see yourself as well as the others seeing you. I keep groaning to myself because my hair is starting to look so grey!! How come HWMO being grey makes him look so distinguished, yet my grey hair makes me feel and look like an old hag!! It doesn't help that my fringe is starting to look like my front room floor length curtains.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
That's my problem too Tiffany, I am so used to having my Highlights and Lowlights done regularly to cover the grey, but they are slowly being overtaken. I wouldn't mind as no-one can normally see me at the present time, but we have a family quiz twice a week on our phones and my nephew uses some sort of app where 5 different families all appear on screen together to do the quiz. Trouble is, you are able to see yourself as well as the others seeing you. I keep groaning to myself because my hair is starting to look so grey!! How come HWMO being grey makes him look so distinguished, yet my grey hair makes me feel and look like an old hag!! It doesn't help that my fringe is starting to look like my front room floor length curtains.
I share your pain, Shropshiregirl. It's now over a week since I should have had my hair done & I now have stripey hair & not in a good way.I look bald on top. Hair isn't very thick anyway. I am still going to the supermarket & I expect people will think what a mess, but shopping has to be done & food bought.
My cousin has lovely thick wavy almost white hair & he looks distinguished with it. He lives in Canada but they put photo's on FB Totally unfair isn't it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 01:11 PM

Hi

No it isn't

Older ladies can look very sexy with grey hair

Believe in yourselves ladies, you are still very attractive

We still want a kiss and a cuddle with you and sex.

I have absolutely no interest in ladies years younger than myself.whatever
they look like.

She can has loads of lines on her face and Grey hair.

I am not Johnnie Depp myself.

Us oldies can have a brilliant life, no matter what we we look like.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 01:17 PM

It will be interesting to know how and in what way we ladies will cope with our growing locks.

Goodness knows what I will do with mine as I’ve been used to shorter hair since my 30’s.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 01:20 PM

What's important is that the woman (or man) feels good about themselves, whether that means grey hair or dyed hair. It is a matter of personal choice.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
What's important is that the woman (or man) feels good about themselves, whether that means grey hair or dyed hair. It is a matter of personal choice.
The thing is LD, to change from shorter layered hair to longer hair, it needs good trimming regularly to keep it tidy. I don’t worry about the colour, my hair is silver and is still quite shiny, I’m used to it now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-04-2020, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The thing is LD, to change from shorter layered hair to longer hair, it needs good trimming regularly to keep it tidy. I don’t worry about the colour, my hair is silver and is still quite shiny, I’m used to it now.
Yes I can imagine it's a problem. I know Mrs LD is already talking about having me cut her fringe (I'm scared tbh )
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 01:30 PM

What I don't get is why so many blondes dye their roots dark.

Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top