Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2017, 07:35 PM

Re: Now What Did I Come Up Here For?

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
I repeat over and over to myself out loud what I am off to find. Sometimes you can hear me all the way down the bottom of the garden saying, pruners pruners pruners. Shame aint it
I do that sometimes when I'm leaving work and have to go somewhere other than straight home. I have been known to leave myself a post it note on the steering wheel in the morning when I've arrived at work.
If I'm going shopping I now put a note on my phone of what I'm going for. Getting older is great isn't it
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2017, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
... do as I do, write everything down then lose the paper on which you have written it
I can beat that Meg, If I want a few items at the local supermarket I write them down, take the list in with me, read through it, put it away instead of glancing at it as I go along and guarantee that by the time I get home I have missed one much needed item off the list!! That's me trying to be clever thinking my memory is as sharp as it used to be. No chance!
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2017, 09:44 PM

There is a bog standard answer in this house when I say " I can't remember where I put it"...... hubby always shouts back.. "look in the fridge".!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

Went to sainsburys to return a pair of jeans and when I got to the till the lady told me they were from new look !
Ho ho!!!
I can do better than that!
I bought three boxes of posh cards in Sainsbury's, paid for them, tucked them under my arm and walked through the store and through the entrance hall and into M&S where lordruthio was wandering about putting Christmassy food into his trolley. I put the boxes of cards in the trolley and on we went...I left him paying for the goods and went to the loo, waited for him in the car. He was AGES.
Turned out they couldn't understand why the boxes of cards didn't register on the computer at the till. Half the flipping management trying solve the problem until some bright spark realised they were Sainsbury's cards!
So lordruthio in his infinite wisdom went all the way back into Sainsbury's and paid for them AGAIN!!!
And did the computer deny payment because they'd already been zapped and paid for? Did it hell!!
I wouldn't have minded but they were on offer three boxes for the price of two. So I got the bargain of the year...
Three boxes for the full price of four!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

I can beat that Meg, If I want a few items at the local supermarket I write them down, take the list in with me, read through it, put it away instead of glancing at it as I go along and guarantee that by the time I get home I have missed one much needed item off the list!! That's me trying to be clever thinking my memory is as sharp as it used to be. No chance!
I do that too SG
I went to Waitrose this morning for a few bits and pieces. When using my shopping list (for once) I thought it odd that I had got through some items like tin foil and bin bags so quickly

I the realised the list I was using from my pocket was an old list the new one was still in the kitchen so I had to put some items back and start again from memory
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 12:46 AM

Ooh I love reading this thread. I feel so much better seeing I am not the only daft one. . In fact, I feel almost sane now.

Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 09:29 AM

I often need to feel whether my toothbrush is wet in order to find out whether I have already brushed my teeth.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Do you ever want something upstairs and when you get there you cannot remember what it was? My memory just lately is terrible sometimes i will go into a shop for something and end up wondering what it is i went in for.
Oh well all part of getting old i suppose.
Apparently it's an evolutionary imperative. The human being needs to forget an environment when it enters a new one. The survival skills required are different (think of a hunter gatherer moving from a forest into a savannah - total different skills required.

Unfortunately in modern life it is a useless skill but it means that you forget what you went into the new environment to do.

Anyway that is what Google Keep is for on your mobile phone.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ooh I love reading this thread. I feel so much better seeing I am not the only daft one. . In fact, I feel almost sane now.

Mup's it had certainly made me feel better i can tell you. lol!!!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2017, 12:22 PM

I went to buy a book from Smiths & handed over my voucher, the sales assistant said. 'I can't take that'. Why not,' said I. It's for Waterstones,' she replied.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top