Join for free
Page 7 of 23 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 02:38 PM

Re: Trust

We never give anything to doorstep collectors, as you can't trust them not to pocket the cash.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
This was back in the late 90s when I first had a computer. I joined a few forums and met an American woman from Florida. I was stupidly naïve about social networking then. She played me well, I heard her tale of woe and felt very sorry for her. She claimed to be in her 50s and bringing up a couple of kids belonging to a close relative of hers who had died. She had health problems and was strapped for cash. She never asked me directly for money, which would have made me suspicious, she was cleverer than that! Anyway I sent her several donations, over the course of a year. When I said I wouldn't be sending her anymore, she made an excuse to fall out with me. I later discovered I was not the only idiot who had fallen for her sob story. I wised up very quickly. My husband and kids were not impressed with my stupidity. They don't approve of me posting on forums especially as I have attracted at least two stalkers in the past.

I am much more circumspect these days. I only donate money to approved charities, and of course help out our children.

Perhaps if you weren't so vocal about your financial situation you wouldn't attract the wrong kind of attention. Just a thought. I'm not surprised your family are not keen on you being on forums, you give away far too much personal information. That is of course if any of what you say is true.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 03:36 PM

We never give anything to doorstep collectors, as you can't trust them not to pocket the cash.
Just over the Internet then 😂😂😂
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 03:37 PM

.....Please refrain from making personal comments in this thread or some posts may be removed.
Thank you
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Perhaps if you weren't so vocal about your financial situation you wouldn't attract the wrong kind of attention. Just a thought. I'm not surprised your family are not keen on you being on forums, you give away far too much personal information. That is of course if any of what you say is true.
I am not particularly well off, just reasonably comfortable in my old age. My husband and I have just been careful with our money over the years, spending it mostly on essentials and only the very occasional luxury. People who bleat about their poverty seem to have spent more than they need on frivolous things like pub crawls among other things, something we have never done.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 03:53 PM

Oh dear judge not less yea be judged
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 03:57 PM

I am not particularly well off, just reasonably comfortable in my old age. My husband and I have just been careful with our money over the years, spending it mostly on essentials and only the very occasional luxury. People who bleat about their poverty seem to have spent more than they need on frivolous things like pub crawls among other things, something we have never done.
You haven’t done a lot of anything have you?
mesco m
manchester

28-03-2018, 04:09 PM

I have never mentioned our financial situation, nor would I.
Nor for that matter how we choose to spend it.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 04:28 PM

I've given people the benefit of the doubt most of the time. You never know who's telling the truth or not online unless they trip themselves up.

We have to put our trust in people and institutions throughout our lives. The teachers who teach our children, the doctors/nurses who treat us when we're ill, the taxi driver who we pray won't kill us on our way to our destination. All these people we put our trust in, but it's the one's close to us who we put our trust and faith in who can hurt us the most.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

28-03-2018, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Linden Tree ->
I've given people the benefit of the doubt most of the time. You never know who's telling the truth or not online unless they trip themselves up.

We have to put our trust in people and institutions throughout our lives. The teachers who teach our children, the doctors/nurses who treat us when we're ill, the taxi driver who we pray won't kill us on our way to our destination. All these people we put our trust in, but it's the one's close to us who we put our trust and faith in who can hurt us the most.
I am very fortunate that my husband and children have never let me down.

Page 7 of 23 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top