Join for free
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2014, 09:25 PM

Cat Behaviour.........

Did anyone watch the programme on ITV last night on felines?

I found it fascinating, as I own one of the little beasties, or as is said 'dogs have owners, cats have staff'!

The examples shown were really interesting and well explained. If you missed it, it's well worth a look on the ITV Player channel.

Gwyn
FLYBYNIGHT
West Sussex
FLYBYNIGHT is female  FLYBYNIGHT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2014, 10:21 PM

Re: Cat Behaviour.........

I saw it and it was amazing. THe only thing was, the commentator's voice was so soothing and soporific, I had trouble keeping my eyes open.
Very strange, because i never "drop off" while watching T.V.
I've recorded it though and will watch it again.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 07:29 AM

Wasn't it Martin Clunes? He did the doc on babies last night, and I thought it quite soothing.

Wish I'd known about blinking at a cat to assure it: would have been ideal for the one I looked after last week, even though she was ok with me.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 07:40 AM

Brilliant and worth watching again.
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 08:18 AM

I learned about the blinking too, plus I've often wondered why Alice won't touch any food I offer her if it's right under her nose. Now, I know to place it a short distance away.

I didn't know that cats see in shades of blue and yellow either. Also, that a cat's ears never 'switch off' even when they're supposedly asleep.

Gwyn
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 01:53 PM

Yes, it was a lovely programme. I've always known about the slow cat blink, and the fact that they don't like you staring at them. I also didn't realise until the end that it was Martin Clunes - agree about the soporific voice!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 03:27 PM

Yes Alice, I thought it was great, all I keep doing now is stroking Coco all day long and reading her body signals.
Starry Eyes
Yorkshire UK
Starry Eyes is female  Starry Eyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by AliceB ->
Did anyone watch the programme on ITV last night on felines?

I found it fascinating, as I own one of the little beasties, or as is said 'dogs have owners, cats have staff'!

The examples shown were really interesting and well explained. If you missed it, it's well worth a look on the ITV Player channel.

Gwyn
I didn't see the programme Alice, but I do know what it's like to belong to the adorable little creatures.
We had two, ( they were sisters) from the tender ages of 8 weeks. They soon ruled the roost and were as different as chalk and cheese. One was laid back and gentle, while the other was right feisty little madam! However, they stole our hearts and we loved them to bits!
They both lived to the ripe old age of 18 years, they passed away within 6 months of each other.
I miss them still.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 06:43 PM

I had two for almost 20 years and they passed away within a few months of one another, I was devastated! said I'd never get another but within a couple of months I changed my mind as I really missed their company so it was back to the rescue centre and found a beautiful tortoiseshell girl with a lovely nature, it's nice to have a bed partner again
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 12:55 PM

I'm glad I looked at this thread since I gleaned some info about cats I didn't know.

Ours showed up as a stray at our back during a hay delivery. We thought it was the farmers but he said no. It was cold, he was about 6 months old & we got him neutered & he's now 4 1/2 years old. He showed up the day before Valentines so we named him Cupid

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top