Join for free
Page 477 of 487 « First < 377 427 467 475 476 477 478 479 > Last »
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 11:02 AM

Re: Over 50's Wales club (part 6)

Have just been up to Church to do my graves - we have a wedding there today. The whole Churchyard is full of bluebells, so pretty, and the florist has put up an arch over the gates. Should be lovely - hope the rain holds off. I haven't put my washing out, just in case.

Had a nasty thing happen in the village this week. One or two farmers nearby have diversified into chickens - big sheds but the chucks are allowed out as well. There is a small garden shed next to the village hall where one of the farmers sells his eggs - with an honesty box for the money. This has been going for some time with no problem at all and suddenly this week some lowlife has pinched the honesty box! Seems almost unbelievable - and I don't suppose there was more than £20/30 in it!
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 11:41 AM

Sunshine and showers today.
Still on the hunt for climbing roses-went to The Range this morning,no luck didn't even have bush roses there.
The sweet shop in the village celebrates being open for a hundred years today.It was opened by an Italian man and now his daughter's running it and has been for several years.The outside has been decorated with gold balloons and banners in the windows with 100 printed on them-lovely sight.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 01:07 PM

I.m much the same Rhosyn thanks but coping
Karen called yesterday and brought me painkillers and Voltarol Gel off one of her ladies who have their hair done by her . She gets them on scirt but I pay for mine !!
Look after yourselves xxx
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 01:41 PM

I.m much the same Rhosyn but coping thanks
Some sun and heavy showers here.
Laura called yesterday and gave my shower room and balcony a good clean and Karen called and gave me some painkillers and Votarol gel off one of her ladies who have their hair done so I.m ok for a while . She gets them on script but doesnt use them much and I have been paying for mine
Keep safe xx
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2021, 03:54 PM

Expediition to Llandrindod this morning with Vicky to Aldi. It's been at least three weeks since I was in a shop - so strange!

Miserable wet day here so I'm enjoying "Calamity Jane" on the TV.
Jac
Wales UK

16-05-2021, 10:36 AM

I watched Calamity as well,loved it xx
Karen had set off to Liverpool to see grandson who has been poorly but car broke down so had to come back . She went to work yesterday and fell down the steep stairs and boke her arm . Laura said it looked like she would need an op. I.m afraid to ring too early in case they are catching up with sleep
,Keep safe xx
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2021, 10:43 AM

Hooray-had a dry walk this morning.Have risked putting a throw out on the line,will keep a look out for the rain.
Sorry things are not going well with your family at the moment Jac-hope things improve soon.
Keep safe.
Sweetsue
midWales

17-05-2021, 11:17 AM

Lovely sunny morning and washing on the line blowing beautifully. Made some soup for lunch as I'm going out to dinner with friends tonight. Yippee! Have also done a casserole for tomorrow so think I might do some cobweb chasing in a minute.

Church yesterday, then made some sausage rolls and took them to the farm. Had a good chat with my DIL who was actually sitting down in the living room (most unusual) waiting for two new pigs to be delivered.I would have gone to watch when they arrived but the heavens opened and I'd left my car windows open - ugh!
Jac
Wales UK

18-05-2021, 10:43 AM

Karens arm wasn,t broken but they did 2 xrays to make sure because they really thought it was . She put her PJ's on and sat on the settee and sat on a Bee who promptly stung her on her nether region . Poor girl
Funny old day , thought it was going to rain so put my washing indoors and now it looks fine . Leaving it though,forecast isnt good

Take care xx
Sweetsue
midWales

18-05-2021, 11:30 AM

Think we must be in the monsoon season. Went to Hay to collect my meds and was going to take some stuff up to a friend who lives in the wilds. Halfway home the heavens opened, to I went home and drank coffee instead. Have managed to take the parcel now though, roads are running with water.

Had to laugh at Karen's predicament Jac - sorry!

Thoroughly enjoyed my evening out yesterday, someone else's cooking is always delicious isn't it?

Page 477 of 487 « First < 377 427 467 475 476 477 478 479 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top