Join for free
Page 4 of 35 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 04:34 PM

Re: Do You Ever Feel Embarrassed At The Rudeness Shown To Others?

Hey ... I wasn't meaning anyone had meant me as in having a poke.
Please don't anyone think that ... I was just getting in first and owning up as I can be a little. . what's the word .. Brusque? Rude?
I know I can be.
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 04:47 PM

I cringe when I hear people being rude. I often start defending who they are being rude to. I've seen rudeness on forums, but I think some people can single you out and follow you around the forum just to harass you. That's my experience anyway. Laugh is, they don't realise other people notice
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 05:19 PM

Yes there is no need for personal attacks on the poster, I've seen here recently a poster been called 'retarded' just because their opinions were different, terrible thing to say.
What would potential members think when they see the likes of that? It certainly wouldn't encourage them to post that's for sure.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes there is no need for personal attacks on the poster, I've seen here recently a poster been called 'retarded' just because their opinions were different, terrible thing to say.
What would potential members think when they see the likes of that? It certainly wouldn't encourage them to post that's for sure.
I think in that particular case, anyone reading the previous posts would see that the recipient was being just as rude, so rudeness was met with rudeness. Personally I don't really have a problem with that. I don't think any of us should have to pussy foot around someone that is consistently rude to others.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 05:50 PM

The forum is on the whole very polite, apart from a bit of inoffensive banter. However, I stay out of the Politics thread because it's full of opinionated and self-righteous know-it-all's.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
The forum is on the whole very polite, apart from a bit of inoffensive banter. However, I stay out of the Politics thread because it's full of opinionated and self-righteous know-it-all's.

I luvs you Floydy, cos that's exactly how I feel.

Other than that, the odd WUM can be like an irritating itch, but on the whole I love the banter and fun threads, the Gardening, and Pets, plus a lot on the General Chat.

Very rarely are there any bad feelings in any of those, and if there is, I tend to walk away.
It's almost always the politics and.or religious threads that get stupid and nasty.
Can't be arsed with opinionated twerps on here as well as in me daily life. I come here for a break from hassle.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 06:00 PM

I agree with the majority on rudeness, and yes it does put me off posting. The childish name calling and the insulting use of derogatory words used to describe people of a different nationality I find disgraceful. Not everyone had the same opinion as others, but on a site for over 50s I would have thought people would have got over childish name calling years ago. Obviously I was wrong.
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 06:15 PM

Even our own families can be rude and bullies cant they?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I go in there regular to try and get rid of them as I'm a fan of monotheism.
Just kidding.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 06:25 PM

Well I'll admit I've been rude on occasion and I'm afraid unless the member that continually is rude to me stops I'll do it again.

Comes a point when you've had each word questioned for days you do just decide to either stop posting or be rude and I'm not going to be run off the forum by anyone.

So apologies to anyone put off posting but I promise I love other opinions given honestly it's just poking and prodding at each word I use makes me react. So if you are just not of same opinion you are safe from my rudeness.

Page 4 of 35 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top