Join for free
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 03:20 PM

The most beautiful little creature - made my day

I've spent some time in the shed at the bottom of the garden today and inadvertently locked in a long tailed tit.
I noticed it fluttering at the window when I went to take the dog onto the field. The long tailed tits usually belt about the garden in little flocks and they are never still, so it was lovely to see one at close quarters and watch it for a while. I opened the window and the door, but it still wouldn't go out and so I put my finger out to it. To my surprise it jumped on and stayed there until I got it to the open window - then it flitted off. It was an exquisite little bird, much more delicate than the blue tits. A real treat to watch and it made my day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 03:36 PM

Re: The most beautiful little creature - made my day

How lovely that it jumped onto your finger, Aerolor

It's not often we get a chance to see our feathered friends up close...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2011, 05:45 PM

A lovely encounter indeed, we have small focks of them come around to our feeders now and then, and as you say, they are very busy and never still for long. Always baffles me where they go in between visits though, especially now the breeding season is upon them.....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2011, 03:51 AM

How lpvely! ......

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top