Join for free
Page 25 of 27 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 01:24 AM

Re: Pies, pies and more pies

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Believe it or not Bakerman, it is real and is made with sardines!

https://www.checkyourfood.com/meals/...0/stargazy-pie
Mags, I love sardines. I love all fish. I would eat that pie, no problem...YUM
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 05:43 AM

Hey Blue - if you like Ice Cream - how about this;_

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-fife-44808966
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Hmm. Based on the little I could see in your sandwich photo, it may have been a "chicken salad" sandwich. Kind of like a "tuna salad" but with chicken instead. Never cared for chicken salad myself. Yes, it sounds like you were just unlucky in your choice of a restaurant.

PS: While in Florida, did you happen to have a slice of "Key Lime Pie"? IMO, one of the best pies I've ever had. Florida is famous for their Key Lime Pie.
Key Lime Pie! Oh yes, it was absolutely delicious and very moreish . Now I remember where we had that .... it was in Perkins Restaurant.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Key Lime Pie! Oh yes, it was absolutely delicious and very moreish . Now I remember where we had that .... it was in Perkins Restaurant.
I'm not personally familiar with Perkin's Restaurant. It is a corporate chain restaurant with 43 stores spread across Florida. They do have a chicken salad sandwich on the menu. It is mixed with celery, walnuts and grapes, but it is served open-faced (no top bread) and does not look at all like your photo. It is possible that they were running a luncheon "special" that day which was not too special.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I haven't heard of it Shrop, but the latest I am going crazy over here is "Shark attack". It is so delicious. It is a blue-green (representing the water, I guess) and strawberry liquid represently the blood. I just love it. I must watch for the mayo you are talking about. I love trying new things....especially ice cream...
Good Grief, WB, Whatever will they think of next!! What are the ingredients? is it Ice-Cream or like a smoothie? a drink? or thick shake? sounds intriguing. Something I would try just to say I tried it.

As for Mayonnaise Ice-Cream, To be honest, I certainly wouldn't pay for a tub of it. I am so set in my way as I've gotten older, I now prefer the boring flavours such as real Cornish Dairy Ice-Cream or Choc Mint Chip or if feeling adventurous, Salted Caramel. Mind you, when I was younger and living in London, I was forever to be found in Baskin Robbins in the Edgeware Road, as I lived just around the corner off Baker Street.... their Ice-Cream was absolutely divine.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 11:20 PM

LOL You think mayonnaise ice cream is strange (so do I) in the Philippines they have cheese flavored ice cream. Down there McDonald's serves spaghetti. They call it McSpaghetti. Good Lord, can you imagine how bad that stuff is ? Yuck !
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 10:43 AM

LOL You think mayonnaise ice cream is strange (so do I) in the Philippines they have cheese flavored ice cream. Down there McDonald's serves spaghetti. They call it McSpaghetti. Good Lord, can you imagine how bad that stuff is ? Yuck !
There certainly are some weird and wonderful flavours out there! I still chuckle at the thought of another first invented I believe, by the Scottish, "Deep Fried Mars Bar in Batter" very popular and sold in Fish and Chip takeaways.
I don't know whether you know it as this name in the US. Someone told me you know it over there as a "Milky Way?
My goodness, talk about an artery-clogging treat!!
bakerman
Mexico

24-08-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
There certainly are some weird and wonderful flavours out there! I still chuckle at the thought of another first invented I believe, by the Scottish, "Deep Fried Mars Bar in Batter" very popular and sold in Fish and Chip takeaways.
I don't know whether you know it as this name in the US. Someone told me you know it over there as a "Milky Way?
My goodness, talk about an artery-clogging treat!!
Yes, there is a Milky Way Chocolate bar. I don't think I have had one since childhood.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:45 AM

Yes, there is a Milky Way Chocolate bar. I don't think I have had one since childhood.

Buy one and deep fry it in batter - delicious!!!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Buy one and deep fry it in batter - delicious!!!!
Best served with fries and coleslaw .....

Page 25 of 27 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top