Join for free
Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 08:03 PM

Re: Non EU countries

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Would just like to point out that we don't all insult our neighbours.

You stick to insulting members of this forum!

Pots and kettles (avoiding the offensive 'b' word, of course!).
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

You stick to insulting members of this forum!

Pots and kettles (avoiding the offensive 'b' word, of course!).
Put your slippers on and have a cup of cocoa.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
@scot37:
"You may not be aware of it Solasch but one of the prime objectives of the Scottish government is independence from the UK "

So the UK and Scotland are negotiating (a sort of article 50) procedure for Scotland to leave the UK?
If the majority of the people of Scotland wish to leave the United Kingdom, I have no wish to stand in their way.

That's how democracy works.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few people in this country who cannot accept a democratic decision.

If you respect a democratic decision, perhaps you should not attempt to persuade people to dispute it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-10-2018, 08:18 PM

An interesting question I have often asked:

If the EU leaders (according to Barmy and other 'negotiators') are disinterested and unconcerned about our intention to leave their exclusive club, why are so many Europeans (not just the Dutch!) so keen to persuade us that we were wrong?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 08:29 PM

Let's just say I hope the British forces presently stationed in Germany will remain there after the Brexit.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-10-2018, 08:51 PM

Let's just say I hope the British forces presently stationed in Germany will remain there after the Brexit.
I'd be very surprised if they were allowed to.

I'm not so sure the American forces will elect to stay there either and, to be perfectly honest, they are the major deterrent to Russian incursion.

Surely, the glorious European Army would be sufficiently effective to take over that function?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 09:06 PM

An interesting question I have often asked:

If the EU leaders (according to Barmy and other 'negotiators') are disinterested and unconcerned about our intention to leave their exclusive club, why are so many Europeans (not just the Dutch!) so keen to persuade us that we were wrong?
There is a lot of unrest in the Netherlands. Not so much as that the financial UK contribution will be missed. The Dutch haggle (as you might expect from us) whether te deficit should be coughed up by the remaining 27 or by curtailing spendings (we favour spending cuts).
Our government is placating us:
Goods from UK will be export taxed by the UK plus import taxed by the EU. British produce will no longer be competitive, so our farmers and industry have new opportunities. Specific for the Netherlands, our agricultural products are specific and are unavailable from UK. Although these products will be more expensive, the British have no choice but keep buying them (that is: British consumers will foot this bill).

Although the Dutch government preaches a message of confidence, people still are uncertain. We know what we have, so why rock the boat? is the prevailing feeling.

The Germans are much more confident. After more than 70 years they will get the upper hand with the British. So the only allies of the Brexiteers are the Germans.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 09:07 PM

Maybe we will, maybe we won't, Solasch.

They may wish instead to post them to some warmer climes, Barbados, Antigua or maybe even Australia, our Commonwealth countries. We do owe them a debt, seeing as we all but abandoned them with trade when we were fraudulently taken into the EEC.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

01-10-2018, 09:11 PM

I'd be very surprised if they were allowed to.

I'm not so sure the American forces will elect to stay there either and, to be perfectly honest, they are the major deterrent to Russian incursion.

Surely, the glorious European Army would be sufficiently effective to take over that function?
Not if the Dutch army will be the standard. The Germans on the other hand have a modern army, which gets more and more financial government support......
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

01-10-2018, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Maybe we will, maybe we won't, Solasch.

They may wish instead to post them to some warmer climbs, Barbados, Antigua or maybe even Australia, our Commonwealth countries. We do owe them a debt, seeing as we all but abandoned them with trade when we were fraudulently taken into the EEC.
No worries. You abandoned them with, so they came to live in the UK, trading their specific goods

Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top