Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 09:49 PM

Silver Spotted British Shorthair Kittens

Yesterday I went with my daughter to look at some British Shorthair Silver Spotted kittens. They were very beautiful and she has chosen the only female in the litter of five.
I am a dog person and don't know much about cats. These kittens are pedigree short hairs and I wondered if anyone knows much about this breed of cat. I can't see much difference between them and ordinary moggies.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 10:10 PM

Re: Silver Spotted British Shorthair Kittens

I love British Shorthair cats, they remind me of cuddly teddy bears. I have never seen a silver spotted one until I looked it up. They are supposed to be quite intelligent cats

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/26129828...Silver-Spotted
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 10:29 PM

We have been thinking of getting another cat but we are worried that it may outlive us and are worried what would happen to it, as none of my family are keen on cats.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
We have been thinking of getting another cat but we are worried that it may outlive us and are worried what would happen to it, as none of my family are keen on cats.
What about taking on an older cat from a rescue place?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
What about taking on an older cat from a rescue place?
That's an excellent idea Marian, it's usually always the older cats that get overlooked in the Rescues
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 11:15 PM

That is an excellent idea I will most certainly be looking into it. Thank you.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2012, 11:19 PM

Hello cat lovers...............When I was researching the Maine Coon breed 3 years ago...I came across a Top Breeder of the British Shorthair Silver spotted cat.........have a look at this link.......
www.skidoosh.com/
mesco m
manchester

01-05-2012, 11:24 PM

They are beautiful.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 09:22 AM

Thank you both for the links Mags and Jimbo. The kittens we went to see were all very similar, but the only female in the litter that my daughter has chosen is one of the palest ones. She has a base colour of silver and has a black stripe down her back with finer stripes turning into black spots on her flanks and tummy. She has a black nose and her eyes look as if they have been painted on. She looks like a little cheetah with the eye liner and her spots. Jennie has a photograph on her mobile, but I don't think I can post it on here. Jennie has had a cat since she left home and Holly was a little tabby and white cat who Jennie rescued from a very bad place while she was a student. The children who had her used to try and flush her down the toilet and she was only a baby herself, but came with a litter of kittens. Jennie took the lot of them and some students ended up with a kitten each and Jennie kept Holly the mum. Holly lived until she was about 20 I think.
We are hoping that the new kitten (which she is going to call Suki) will turn out to be as lovely as Holly was. Holly went all over the place with Jennie and she was one of those sort of cats with no defenses - you could do anything with her and she was so gentle.
I'm quite excited, although the breeder says the kittens can't go until she is about 13 weeks when they are fully vaccinated. Suki is only 5-6 weeks old at the moment, so a few weeks wait yet.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2012, 09:27 AM

A new addition in the family is always exciting isn't it. We've always had dogs as well, but we have said that if we outlive our current dogs and we are still well, we may also consider a rescue older moggy, they really are fascinating creatures, and hopefully won't demand two walks a day...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top