Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Babooshka
New Member!
Wednesfield, UK
Babooshka is female 

17-11-2010, 08:45 AM

New forum member from Wednesfield

Hello Over 50s! I've just joined and hope this will be a great place to be. I'm already a Face Book addict - the best way to keep in touch with distant friends - but hoping this local forum will bring me together with other like minded folk, hopefully to find an exercise buddy, link with other musicians, and to share common interests. Been up here in the Black Country over 13 years and yet to find a local friend.

Please take a moment to view my profile - I'm sure there are some folk out there with similar interests to mine!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 10:30 AM

Re: New forum member from Wednesfield

Welcome BB to the OFF and I am sure you will like it here and make new friends on here. It is a friendly place to be.

I'm on Facebook as well but play the games mostly, when I have time!! Loki, my beloved Ute, takes up most of my time, as do my parrots

Take care and look forward to chats online!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 01:44 PM

Welcome Krystyna

I look forward to chatting with you on the boards - and seeing pics of your whippet
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 01:47 PM

Krystyna. Welcome to OFF

You invited us to view your profile so I did and I'm gobsmacked that you put so much stuff about yourself. I guess if you are a face book user you're used to all that but for me it's one reason I won't go on there

BTW I didn't recognise one single name in your list of music, books, films, etc. except 'Brief Encounter' which happens to be in my top ten too.

As mentioned above it's (usually) a friendly forum here and over time I'm sure you'll find some one mad enough to go running in the rain or whatever excercise things you do. I can't help 'tho because (a) I'm 700 miles away from you and (b) the world would have to be invaded by Martians to get me to break into a sprint (Well that's what my OH usually says about me)

Will look out for your posts, but sadly I don't always have much time to respond to people on here.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 02:35 PM

Hello Krystyna, welcome to OFF ....I hope you enjoy it here.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 04:00 PM

Hello Babooshka, welcome to the forum. May I ask if you are a Kate Bush fan? The reason I ask is because of your username. I always remember that song as on the way to my wedding with my now ex husband that song came on the car radio and it always reminds me of that.

You'll enjoy it on here, were all light minded people.

Best wishes from Alison
Babooshka
New Member!
Wednesfield, UK
Babooshka is female 

17-11-2010, 06:02 PM

Not sure if everyone who has posted here will see this reply - I hope so. Thanks for all your lovely messages. Losos - yes, I'm used to FB so put lots of info - but that's just me anyway! Azz - I'd be more than delighted to share photos of my beloved Jack, so will work on a few this evening. Ali - yes, I am a major Kate fan, since 1978. Most of my friends (check - all my friends) are also fans. We have our own forum on the web, though of late it's been 'invaded' by youngsters so us oldies stick to FB instead. I'll be putting some Kate related photos on my profile, too.

Once again thanks so much for your warm welcomes. xxxx
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 06:10 PM

Hello & welcome to OFF! Hope you enjoy it here x
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2010, 10:49 PM

Hello nice to meet you-hope you enjoy the forum
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2010, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Babooshka ->
Not sure if everyone who has posted here will see this reply - I hope so. Thanks for all your lovely messages. Losos - yes, I'm used to FB so put lots of info - but that's just me anyway! Azz - I'd be more than delighted to share photos of my beloved Jack, so will work on a few this evening. Ali - yes, I am a major Kate fan, since 1978. Most of my friends (check - all my friends) are also fans. We have our own forum on the web, though of late it's been 'invaded' by youngsters so us oldies stick to FB instead. I'll be putting some Kate related photos on my profile, too.

Once again thanks so much for your warm welcomes. xxxx
Oooooh that's very interesting. I didn't look at your website and haven't done yet but will do . Kate Bush lives in ____. A friend of mine was there in a bank and this woman came in with a scarf over her head, she looked like a bag woman , the bank teller said afterwards to my friend "that was Kate Bush."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top