Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:57 PM

Re: Out or In for Christmas

The family are all here this year and they want Christmas dinner at home.
Who am I to argue?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:04 PM

Oh, Malcolm, that made me laugh so much!! It's more a case of ....which one?!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:13 PM

Hi

I am out Christmas Eve, back to work for me, give those with family a break.

On Christmas Day I am cooking lunch for 13 and I will be the only native English speaker.

That will be fun

Still, it will give me chance to brush up on my Visayan, Tagalog and Mandarin, my Polish is fairly good.

Sadly no family around.
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:15 PM

At home, this year with my mum and our son visiting.

We ate out one Christmas, our daughter and her husband treated us. It was Fawltey Towers - everything about it was so bad is was funny. How our s-i-l kept his temper I shall never know (he is a chef and at the time had his own pub/restaurant).

Every meal came with the full (overcooked) trimmings: our son's face was a picture when he got his sea bass with roasties, sprouts, Yorkshire and gravy! That's just one example.

Service was comatose, never mind slow. Son and son-in-law ended up playing sprout tennis with an old lady on the next table using the tiny plastic rackets from their crackers.

Not surprisingly we agreed to leave it at least a decade before trying again. So 2021 it is then.....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hi

Yes, our delectable Art is surrounded by male admirers.

Mind you, I did notice in Milton Keynes that a member of the fairer sex was also giving her an appreciative glance or three
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yeah yeah yeah....
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:21 PM

I usually did a buffet on Christmas Eve for all the family, some thirty+ Christmas dinner at my youngest daughter's house.
Since we downsized we don't have the room to accomadate those numbers, so we have reversed the homes.
I will be cooking dinner.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:22 PM

I usually go out. Last night for our Thanksgiving Turkey dinner, the family and I went out to eat. Less work for the family.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:45 PM

I would love to go out for Christmas lunch, but its always at home and its always me doing all the cooking and stressing, my daughter her hubby and our 2 grandchilden come.

Its the first Christmas without Mum

My best day is Boxing day when the tables are turned and me and hubby go to my daughters
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes, our delectable Art is surrounded by male admirers.

Mind you, I did notice in Milton Keynes that a member of the fairer sex was also giving her an appreciative glance or three

Get it right, swimmers, she was cross-eyed and she was looking at you, not me!

Sorry Aysa, for taking your thread off track!!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top