Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:50 PM

Re: Out or In for Christmas

Lol No worries Art
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 07:52 PM

The reason, I wouldn't like to go to a restaurant for Christmas Day dinner, is because most have 'sittings'! You eat your dinner, then you are chucked out!! I would hate that!!

Thanks! Aysa.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 08:16 PM

Christmas Eve Family all arrive and then it is full throttle till about the 30th .
Assorted people popping in and out .
Love it all , but then we all muck in and it lightens the load.
Actually can"t wait.
We are decorating tomorrow , putting up tree etc just wonderful for me.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 08:50 PM

In just myself and my son [ who lives with me ] We could go to my SIL or my friends family,but my son has personality avoidance [keeps away from people he doesnt know well }We will have a simple meal then watch tele.he will probably go to his own room to watch something different to me
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 08:56 PM

It's just me and my husband. And the critters.
We stay home, and cook together.
While enjoying some Christmas cheer!
It's a grand day for us!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 11:13 PM

Couldnt think about out on Christmas being jammed in and rush through a meal having to trudge about in the cold...No thanks nice stay at home meal for me everytime.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 11:49 PM

Spanish hotel this year.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 12:25 AM

In the UK we were always abroad for Christmas, apart from a couple of years when we booked Christmas dinner at a hotel, never again, kids running about screaming, average meal, expensive, eat and leave. In Africa we didnīt bother with Christmas much at all but it was fun watching the locals getting drunk, and that included those of a certain faith too. In Spain we ate out a couple of times, British places because the Spanish have a very different kind of Christmas dinner, always overbooked, always rubbish service and not very good food. We did a new yearīs eve once at a Spanish hotel, it was fantastic. The last few years we stay home, I cook dinner for around 15/20 people, friends and neighbours, all different nationalities, they always bring one of their national Christmas dishes with them, itīs quite hard work for me but always fun and nice to have such good neighbours around us.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 12:27 AM

Since we were married Jim and I did Christmas dinner (he sat in his chair smoking and drinking whisky whilst I cooked!) but this year I don't know.

I want to do it and have the family over as usual but without Jim I don't think I could do it. It isn't the same anymore, it will never be the same.

Quite franky I don't think I'll enjoy Christmas again. It is great for the children who think only about presents and joy, but for the adults it is different (memories, sadness and regret). For me, it will now be a sad time of the year.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 10:13 AM

As I don't 'do' Christmas I don't have a special Christmas Day meal. And I decline any invitations to go out, so it's a cosy day in for me.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top