Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 06:23 PM

Midnight mass does anyone do it.?

Last year for the first time ever, I went to Midnight Mass---plus Holy Communion on Christmas Day -again for the first time.
Last Christmas was a very special time for me.

And although things went badly wrong afterwards, I still aim to be at Midnight Mass, and Communion on Christmas Day.

Does anyone else intend to attend also this year--maybe for the first time, like I did last year ??
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 07:00 PM

Re: Midnight mass does anyone do it.?

Last year I went to midnight mass and found I was alone lol.
For the first time ever I decided to go, wanted to go for years, weather conditions perfect but when I got to my local church it was in darkness. I sat in my car for about 15 mins wondering what was happening, then another coupled turned up. We all went to look around the side of the church and there was a big banner. It was taking place at another church.

Not to be deterred, weather permitting I shall try again this year, hopefully with a better result.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 07:45 PM

may try the village church 'first time -if do it will be nice to sit and forget the hussel bussel ' and give some thought time for why we celebrate
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 08:16 PM

No, I used to and once we saw the mail plane overhead when we came out of church and I convinced my small son it was Santa's sleigh

Even longer ago I used to go to Midnight Mass with my then boss then home to drink Champagne and open presents.

On another more recent Christmas eve I heard the bells in the Church next door ringing out for Midnight Mass as I sat waiting in the vets surgery with my dog which had developed acute Cystitis .

Now as a non believer I don't bother and go to bed.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 08:23 PM

Yes we go as a family after all it is Christ Mass What we don't do is over eat and booze and get into family arguments.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 09:09 PM

Hi

I used to, no choice really, my parents were very religious and I was an Alter boy.

Kept going for a while afterwards, it was a tradition.

I haven't been for years, simply because I was working every Christmas Eve.

I won't be going this year either, although retired early, I have volunteered to go and work to give one of the younger ones with kids to be at home.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 11:16 PM

I have never been, but always intended to.

Don't suppose I ever will now as I wouldn't go out that time of night on my own now.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have never been, but always intended to.

Don't suppose I ever will now as I wouldn't go out that time of night on my own now.
Last year I was with someone--this year I will be alone--but its just 15 minutes walk. Just as long as there is no snow. !
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 12:30 PM

As Presbyterians, such things were regarded as virtually satanic. It was bad enough being dragged to the kirk if Christmas was on a Sunday, but at least the music was more jolly.

I'm glad I don't have any religious beliefs.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 01:33 PM

Just think Grumblewagon when you die there you'll be all dressed up and nowhere to go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top