Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 12:09 PM

Re: Mad Scientist

Science in all it's many guises has always intrigued me and do so to this day. Particularly Space Science. Whilst I am an avid watcher of all programmes science related, I never had the accademic capacity and possibly therefore the chances in life to study the subject.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Davenorave ->
Science in all it's many guises has always intrigued me and do so to this day. Particularly Space Science. Whilst I am an avid watcher of all programmes science related, I never had the accademic capacity and possibly therefore the chances in life to study the subject.
I've always liked things scientific too Dave. Unfortunately we were segregated into science and arts after the first year at Grammar school and for some strange reason I was put into the Arts side so I missed out on physics and chemistry.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Yes Painter, the world/universe is truly a wondrous place and man's/ women's achievements are also wondrous- well, some of them.
You made it a wonderous place for you and your lovely wife with all your travels. My compliments to you..
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Davenorave ->
That is great to hear ! I see we both belong to the same club. The universe is a great teacher it sparks our interest and allows a platform for self discovery
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 01:03 PM

Mushy or firm, the eternal sprout question.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Mushy or firm, the eternal sprout question.
With the state of my knoshers? Definitely err towards mushy.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
The experiments I remember performing in school were pretty simple. We watched a seed grow into a plant and chick come out of an egg. While the other students fell asleep, I saw beyond the experiment. In the fact, that out of a tiny seed a tree or a plant could grow into a beautiful splendour and of course, the hatching of a chicken from an egg, began to sprout questions within my soul the secrets of life and the universe itself.

Cor that sounds great. All we did was blow frogs up with a straw. They don't half go off with a bang
eyes_of_a_painter
n

08-12-2015, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Cor that sounds great. All we did was blow frogs up with a straw. They don't half go off with a bang
I feel guilty enough to say, that as a child I use to cram a firecracker down a fog's throat, light it up and as poor frog hopped away, he blew up to smithereens. My excuse was that I did not know better considering I was a mad scientist
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
I feel guilty enough to say, that as a child I use to cram a firecracker down a fog's throat, light it up and as poor frog hopped away, he blew up to smithereens. My excuse was that I did not know better considering I was a mad scientist
Our science teacher was mad too
eyes_of_a_painter
n

08-12-2015, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Our science teacher was mad too

Hopefully he didn't blow up frogs just dissect them.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top