Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 01:50 PM

Re: Tyson Fury petition grows and grows

Tyson was on the Jeremy Vine show yesterday trying to defend his position. I'd never heard of the guy before.

It was frankly embarrassing and the guy had absolutely no verbal debating prowess whatsoever and his only style of defence was to simply and rudely immediately talk over anyone else trying to express a viewpoint. He kept trying to play the fundamental Christian belief angle which frankly just sounded horribly crass and cringe worthy. Vine had a difficult time trying to control the "debate" with his rantings which left me screaming at the radio to get the guy off the air.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 01:50 PM

Does he have Gypsy blood then Doc? I didnt know that...
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 03:26 PM

Der yes he sure does its where he started fighting Gypsies love a good punch up!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 03:27 PM

Youre not wrong there Doc lol..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Der yes he sure does its where he started fighting Gypsies love a good punch up!

His wife is gipsy too. They both are. She said in an article I read, that that's how they were raised. She said they were not allowed to have intimacy before marriage either.

I can believe that in a way, because many years ago, my friend helped teach on the gipsy site in the village. She told me they are very moral in that way, and even the little girls were not allowed to play in a boys caravan without supervision.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 04:23 PM

Don't like his Boxing style, but that is by the by, a lot of folks lately are expressing unpalatable view points, but, that is their right.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 04:34 PM

Also he said that women are only fit to be on their backs . But strange he does not come over that bad , nothing like the real Tyson.
Then even if he is put on the list he has zero chance with two big names towering over him.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Who ? never heard of him
I don't like boxing...
Whom ever he is he is entitled to his opinion ,people don't have to listen.
I went to Boxing as an 11-year-old.

I had a vicious, uncontrollable temper then and the idea was to channel it.
It didn't work because I beat a kid at school so badly he was off for a month.

I never went back to it and could never face it again - can't even watch it.

It's stupid because they wear protection as amateurs and - I think - in the Olympics but they still let these knuckle heads try to kill each other and call it sport.

It would be a sport if they wore head protection but they don't so they might just as well go back to bare knuckles as far as I'm concerned. stevmk2
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 07:11 PM

You are not in a position to judge after just one visit.
Boxing indeed does install discipline, as well as confidence.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2015, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Browbeaten ->
You are not in a position to judge after just one visit.
Boxing indeed does install discipline, as well as confidence.
Queensbury Rules boxing is ALL about discipline.
However....mouthing off your prejudices to the media is all about ill-discipline and should exclude any sportsman from the BBC SPOTY award ceremony.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top