Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 01:36 AM

Re: When 'friends' attack, how do you react ?

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I was really hoping for some male input !

My post/thread was an observation
Sexist!!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Sexist!!
lol .. nah

Always interested in the difference and wanting to explore further.

What is life if we ignore the susbstance ?

OK ... it is simple ! the ultimate goal
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 02:38 AM

When 'friends' attack, how do you react ?

I don't know yet. I've never been attacked by a friend.
I have been attacked by non friends or so called friends. My reaction always depends on the situation. I may ignore the attack, counter attack or try to figure out what made them attack me in the first place. There are just too many variables.
Should a real friend attack me, I'd probably be shocked first and then try to calmly work through it.
Go on Rachel, attack me and find out for sure.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 03:02 AM

I have very few friends, because im very cautious, so ive never been attacked by them.I cant envisage such an event occurring.

However im an easy going bloke and usually on the rare occasion someone wishes to contend i will resort to giving them the verbals and that usually works.

If all else fails then i will invite them to do their worst,, by this time the red mist will have descended and i can become quite menacing in my demenour,, this has always done the trick and no fight has ensued.

I have trained in things and it probably makes me overconfident in my abilities that my body could not deliver if put to the test. Thankfully its a long time since ive needed to test my ability's.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 03:16 AM

I think the raising of one's voice is a sign of weakness. Person has no intellectual response, thus needs to raise their voice trying to win the debate by intimidation
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 06:06 AM

I very rarely lose my temper with anyone but when I do I'm quite vicious, like a ferret. So to answer your question - how I would react would depend upon a lot of variables.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 07:46 AM

It's never happened to me, but if it did i would try to talk it through with them, and if that didn't work i'd just say were too old for all this and walk away...
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 09:06 AM

Last year I moved on from 3 people in my life , we'd been close for many years .
I don't want users or disrespectable people in my life anymore .
I'm glad they have gone , I feel happier now .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 09:44 AM

If you're present while they're "attacking" each other, you could :

A. Walk away, it could be a display of their masculine prowess, trying to impress you.

B. Tell them to grow up and give them a lecture about listening to other people's opinions.

C. Start to cry. This will have an instant effect and diffuse the situation.

D. Poke them both in the eye! Poink, poink! Then run!

If it's a man and a woman, they could fancy each other.
It often happens that they'll argue as a sort of "courtship" ritual. Especially if they don't know how to approach each other.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2015, 09:47 AM

Oh, if it's women fighting, back away slowly!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top