Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 06:02 PM

Re: The 'so-called' Alpha Male ... or is it a silly child ?

If I had to put a label on the different most typical female roles in group settings, here are what they would be:

Alphas: Leaders

Betas: Side-kicks or enforcers of alpha leadership.

Nu’s: The exact middle letter of the Greek Alphabet, Nu’s are fillers. They provide conversation, gossip and support for the Alpha.

Zeta’s: The jokester, comic relief, clown, goofball of the group. Most groups have a female jester.

Omega’s: (The last letter of the Greek Alphabet) The victims, the bullied, the weaklings or the “C” in a female troika are always picked on or treated with loving condescension. (See my article on Female Troikas)

Sampi’s: (An obsolete letter of the Greek Alphabet, often forgotten) The Invisibles, the forgotten girls whose quiet or shy demeanor often means they are not included or counted.

It is actually very helpful to know the female alphas in your life—or recognize if you in fact are one yourself. You will find yourself appreciating them in awkward social situations or, if you are a female alpha, avoiding other female alphas who challenge you. Do you know the female alphas in your life?
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 06:05 PM

Well, where are the Alpha Males? Don't all come running at once, my pm box gets full enough as it is!!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 06:18 PM

Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I think you mean gorillas
I get the impression that the true Alpha male does NOT worry about trivialities such as his looks.

He is content with himself, acts responsibly, protects his 'pack' and is also thoughtful.

THAT would make him attractive. I begin to warm to him.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 08:01 PM

Alpha males are still sought out by most women. Mostly because they are good providers in all aspects as to what a good provider means. Problem is that the wannabe alpha male has been artful in not being a good provider but a good taker. Another words he assumes one role and ends up being another. Thus causing many a women to get burned
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Is this not a contradiction in terms ?

'A man's man' and the unaware chap who's a natural leader ?
I am sorry Rachel, but I think that my comment is entirely consistent. Try reading it again.

AS an aside, I think the thread title is a contradiction in terms

BUt , what do I know.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
The sad thing is these Alpha males think they're attractive!
I suppose they watch wildlife documentaries and assume women are like deer!
IMO Alpha males are attractive - ask any Alpha female
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I get the impression that the true Alpha male does NOT worry about trivialities such as his looks.

He is content with himself, acts responsibly, protects his 'pack' and is also thoughtful.

THAT would make him attractive. I begin to warm to him.
Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Alpha males are still sought out by most women. Mostly because they are good providers in all aspects as to what a good provider means. Problem is that the wannabe alpha male has been artful in not being a good provider but a good taker. Another words he assumes one role and ends up being another. Thus causing many a women to get burned
My man seems to tick all those boxs , I am glad to say.

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
IMO Alpha males are attractive - ask any Alpha female
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 09:40 PM

Well, I don't want one! I'm not interested in the Leader of the pack, I'll grab the straggler at the back! Easier to catch!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I am sorry Rachel, but I think that my comment is entirely consistent. Try reading it again.

AS an aside, I think the thread title is a contradiction in terms

BUt , what do I know.
Have been unable to get my head around the 'true' alpha male syndrome, the chauvinist and the bully. The descriptions online are very misleading and therefore controversial.

I do apologise for my title on this thread but I certainly intended to be provocative and explore further.

Having chatted with another member, I now wonder if my father was something of an Alpha Male.

Quiet, good with people, sensitive, thoughtful, but looking after 'the pack' (family and friends) in a totally non-aggressive way.
He was generous in spirit and everyone felt safe with him around and a person they could approach with any problem. A very fair man.

Not overtly a leader, but well thought of and respected.

Possibly, others who endured serving in WW2 either sank or learned how to swim ?

I guess I'm thinking of him now because it's coming up to the anniversary of his death.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top