Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 10:15 PM

Help listing my old wardrobes on Ebay !

As you will probably know from previous posts, I am dipping my toe in trying to sell a view items on Ebay. Up to now I have been successful with all items I have listed (including the organ!) except a pair of old wardrobes, inherited from my mother.

Before I re-list them for the 3rd time I am asking for some help in with the wording of the items.

Here they are - I had them advertised separately.

I have more photos of different angles and insides.

I don't know how old they are, so described them as mid 20th century. The larger of the two I was asking £30 and £20 for the other.

So any ideas how my advert would attract a buyer next time?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 10:21 PM

Re: Help listing my old wardrobes on Ebay !

Wonder what they're like inside; one might be a ladies wardrobe and the other a gent's.

Also, do you know what wood they're made from?

Sometimes it's useful to look at similar items to get an idea of how to word the ad.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 10:44 PM

You gotta go at them with confidence CC, you are sacrificing them and they are getting the bargain. remember that. Try something like this.

Magnificent pair of Ladies and Gent’s 1930’s matching wardrobes for sale. Rich dark brown oak with a charming ribbed grain. the Ladies wardrobe is mounted on sturdy Queen Anne style legs and topped off by triple arch panels. The Gents is slender and sleek, of the same wood with grain which makes it an ideal companion.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 10:53 PM

Jem I'm impressed!!!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 11:07 PM

I would add "ideal for up- cycling shabby chic project" lots of people are looking for furniture to "do up".
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 11:25 PM

Some great ideas there. Love your description Jem

I'm not sure what the wood is, maybe oak or mahogany.

What is the difference between Ladies and Gents wardrobes?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2015, 11:48 PM

Men's are usually smaller, as they don't wear long dresses and have tie racks and shelves sometimes.
Women's have more hanging space and a hat shelf at the top.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-12-2015, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Men's are usually smaller, as they don't wear long dresses and have tie racks and shelves sometimes.
Women's have more hanging space and a hat shelf at the top.
Hi Twiz

Ooooh! well it looks like the larger one could be a Ladies one then. It fits your description.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
You gotta go at them with confidence CC, you are sacrificing them and they are getting the bargain. remember that. Try something like this.

Magnificent pair of Ladies and Gent’s 1930’s matching wardrobes for sale. Rich dark brown oak with a charming ribbed grain. the Ladies wardrobe is mounted on sturdy Queen Anne style legs and topped off by triple arch panels. The Gents is slender and sleek, of the same wood with grain which makes it an ideal companion.
You're good!!
If I ever need help with an ad, I know who to come to!

Good luck selling the wardrobes.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

Jem, I'm well impressed with your description! You could sell fridges to the Eskimos!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top