Join for free
Page 5 of 52 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:04 PM

Re: Jerusalem

But that was thousands of years ago PD and this area has been fought over time and again since. The fact is that this was an unnecessary empty gesture by Trump. Why wind people up even more, why not leave Jerusalem alone and have Tel Aviv as a capital?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
But that was thousands of years ago PD and this area has been fought over time and again since. The fact is that this was an unnecessary empty gesture by Trump. Why wind people up even more, why not leave Jerusalem alone and have Tel Aviv as a capital?
Yes, it was but as you must have heard Netanyahu on the TV yesterday, he referred to the history going back to 3000 yrs. That's what they live by..... the Jewish history is extremely important to them. That's why they have their family trees going back to the Tribes of Israel and beyond.

I have nothing against any religious group but for a Nation to use their religion for gain, it's a bit daft and definitely boring in this day and age.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
To me they seem like re-cycled teenagers. It's difficult to understand motives at times other than tormenting. Babies or bullies ? Not sure which
Fragile egos and intellectual insecurity is all I can read into it PD. I would love to see an informed debate but instead it's sniping and spitefulness.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

15-05-2018, 10:15 PM

Yes, it was but as you must have heard Netanyahu on the TV yesterday, he referred to the history going back to 3000 yrs. That's what they live by..... the Jewish history is extremely important to them. That's why they have their family trees going back to the Tribes of Israel and beyond.

I have nothing against any religious group but for a Nation to use their religion for gain, it's a bit daft and definitely boring in this day and age.
Arabs, Jews, Christians, the three Abrahamic religions all live by what happened in ancient times. But there was an uncomfortable status quo which was unbalanced totally unnecessarily by Trump. What's the deal there?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 10:21 PM

Arabs, Jews, Christians, the three Abrahamic religions all live by what happened in ancient times. But there was an uncomfortable status quo which was unbalanced totally unnecessarily by Trump. What's the deal there?
Goodness knows. All I can deduce of it is that they are firm family friends as Netanyahu was a friend of Trumps father, and he has also stayed at Jared Kusher's family home. Amazing what can be dealt over a few bottles of champagne.. and yes Netanyahu does drink...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrtuBas3Ipw
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

15-05-2018, 10:35 PM

I don't think the muslims are right, I think Trump is wrong.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 11:15 PM

There's absolutely no excuse for the number of dead. It's not like you have to shoot to kill, they could just shoot with a tranquiliser gun if they want to immobilise someone.

I said all along this was a bad idea and that it would rub salt in a wound unnecessarily. It will just make the beautiful city of Jerusalem more of a target for extremists. Pointless and stupid move.
Annie they are NOT in Jerusalem .
They are on the border of the Gaza strip well to the south of the country.
There is absolutely no reason why they should the Hamas incited gazans should be there at all !
they are deliberately instigating trouble.
Tranquilliser guns are used on animals at relatively close quarters.They are not useful for human targets at a distance.
The Israelis generally do not shoot to kill and they do use plastic bullets, but not always there are murderous men with guns in between the hapless rock throwers and smoke screens.

What do you think they would do if they broke through the border fence and into Israeli communities ?

They would murder innocent citizens.

Jerusalem has been fairly governed by Israel allowing free access to all hole sites for all religions.

When Jordan held the West Bank Jews were prohibited from visiting their holy sites and animals were stabled on the Western wall- their holiest site.
what do you think they would do if they broke throught the border fence and into Israeli communities
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 11:18 PM

You keep making one huge error JBR.. Why refer to Muslims and Israelis ? Its either Muslims and Jews or Arabs and Israeli's .. and as a matter of interest, Christians are part of this too.
Trump is mega wrong.
Perhpas but not on the Gazan side of the border.
The overwhelming population of the Gaza is Muslim.
Hamas is an Islamic terrorist organization .
It runs Gaza as an Islamic state
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

15-05-2018, 11:21 PM

I don't think the muslims are right, I think Trump is wrong.
He's not wrong.
He is doing what three Presidents before him have promised to do but lacked the bottle.
Every country has the right to chose its own capital.
It certainly makes no difference to the 'peace process' because there is no peace process.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

15-05-2018, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He's not wrong.
He is doing what three Presidents before him have promised to do but lacked the bottle.
Every country has the right to chose its own capital.
It certainly makes no difference to the 'peace process' because there is no peace process.
I think he's wrong, you think he's right. But Trump has come out tops in this and Israel now has an international reputation lower than North Korea. So why do you think this is a good thing for Israel? What has it achieved? It's a damn shame is all it is.

Page 5 of 52 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top