Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:29 AM

Re: Fish pond

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Really...they cause a lot of waste though.......
They do indeed. Which is why I use a pond vac to hoover out the worse of the bottom detritus once or twice a year.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
They do indeed. Which is why I use a pond vac to hoover out the worse of the bottom detritus once or twice a year.
Yes, I'm sure they do, and I'm sure ours do too.

However, it does seem to sink to the bottom and the water remains really quite clear.
Our pond pump also sits on the bottom, so I assume that it plays a part in sucking up at least some of the sediment at the bottom, and that is filtered out before the water is returned to the pond.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 01:27 PM

We had a leak in our pond at Pebbles Bexhill.
..Was a top of the range liner guaranteed for something like 15 years or more..so we borrowed from our Tiller Girl neighbour a large container and netted out all the fish, then took out all plants, she lent us her vac thingy it ,worked a treat and sucked all the water out..
that is when we 1st saw a Great Crested Newt he was not exactly in the water though he just appeared by the rocks we had around the pond.

We repaired the split and used a glue that you can use underwater.
We decided to do it the dry way..sealed it as best as we could. it was about £25 yonks ago guess at around 10yrs ago...

We inspected a long stream that we made ourselves in the front garden, had two small natural ponds, top and bottom of the very sloped front garden.

Looked really the business, had the edges of the liner covered in special Norwegian off cuts from Huge Boulders brought in for sea defences on Bexhill Beach ...The site Manager was pleased to be able to dish it out to anybody that was prepared to carry it back to their cars, which was not that near the beach..had a railway tunnel you were only allowed to walk through...
All was going to waste so that was good for us.....
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Hello Dexo,
You all ok, just wondering as your a tad QT of late...best wishes anyway..Di.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 12:20 PM

Hello Dexo,
You all ok, just wondering as your a tad QT of late...best wishes anyway..Di.
Thanks Di. All fine. Daughter's 21st birthday yesterday so have had other things to do.

Am also having a break from the forum for the foreseeable future. Only logged on to finish off this thread.

Keep up the good work and see ya when I see ya.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

07-07-2021, 12:38 PM

Ok Dexo, I find I need to do that sometimes but my head is full of stories now..and the one about my 1st French Bank..part of the Credit Agricole Group but aimed at the British...is really very bad. Once they knew I was leaving, had to because of Fraud and they would do very little to help me at all....they bent over backwards to make our life difficult..If they say otherwise then I would eat my hat..straw as it happens.. So look forward to your return.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2021, 01:18 PM

Ok Dexo, I find I need to do that sometimes but my head is full of stories now..and the one about my 1st French Bank..part of the Credit Agricole Group but aimed at the British...is really very bad. Once they knew I was leaving, had to because of Fraud and they would do very little to help me at all....they bent over backwards to make our life difficult..If they say otherwise then I would eat my hat..straw as it happens.. So look forward to your return.....
Sorry to interpose in your discussion with Dexter, DW, but you say that the bank is aimed at the British, yet they 'bent over backwards to make your life difficult'!

I'm assuming that the fraud was no fault of yours or the bank, but why should they turn nasty when you need to leave for a genuine reason?

I hope you find a far more accommodating bank.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

07-07-2021, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Sorry to interpose in your discussion with Dexter, DW, but you say that the bank is aimed at the British, yet they 'bent over backwards to make your life difficult'!

I'm assuming that the fraud was no fault of yours or the bank, but why should they turn nasty when you need to leave for a genuine reason?

I hope you find a far more accommodating bank.
We are with the local Credit Agricole so same Group that we left, knew from many they have some English Speaking Staff and are with a good reputation.

We have been with them now for 4/5 months and have had occasions already that has tested there attitudes. I am on laughter terms with the young assistant on the desk. He has already earnt my respect and just take that as just a very positive move for us.
The fraud was nothing to do with us only that we were a victim along with many others.

That has not altered the fact that these business's making an example here, as we have managed to have 2 sagas over phone/internet services.... Phone/Internet Companies are almost entirely run by pc programmes and not people it seems. ...They use agents and neither seems to know what the other party is doing....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-07-2021, 08:44 PM

Marge's and my best friends have a small house in the Loire Valley, though I'm afraid they've been unable to visit it for quite a long time now thanks to this Covid thing.
I have never asked them whether they have a French bank account.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

08-07-2021, 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=JBR;2121380]Marge's and my best friends have a small house in the Loire Valley, though I'm afraid they've been unable to visit it for quite a long time now thanks to this Covid thing.
I have never asked them whether they have a French bank account {QUOTE]

I would think so or a Post Office account..Bills can be paid easily by having one of those accounts. We pay a lot via our Nationwide Account/ Credit Card Account. At the moment all is working still for us. If rules change then we would use XE Corporation to transfer Pensions etc.. they had set up a system for Europeans right at the start of the UK coming out of the EU. There business relies on the trade all around the world of course.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top