Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 10:17 PM

The Dr. said my

shortness of breath is permanent. The paralysed lung requires surgery to relieve it but my heart is too weak for that. And the right lung is affected 100% and the left side at least 50%. Makes the walk from my bedroom to the kitchen a long trip, gasping for air all the way. I will need the oxygen tanks for the rest of my life. Feeling very down today.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 10:38 PM

Re: The Dr. said my

I’m sorry to hear that ShirleyMarie, maybe when you get a bit stronger they will be able to do something, in the meantime keep fighting and I will say a prayer that things improve for you.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 11:27 PM

My thoughts are with you too Shirley. Had Whooping Cough 2 years ago and the infection was so bad it compromised the walls of my throat so when I fell asleep and it all relaxed, it stuck together resulting in me waking violently and being unable to breath. It's a horrible and frightening feeling. Nevertheless I came through it. Out of interest, what is the cause of your lung paralysis ?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 11:57 PM

Im really sorry to hear that Shirley,im not suprised you feel down .
Try and keep positive and take each day as it comes.I will keep you in my thoughts,im sure you will recieve lots of friendly support from the wonderful members here who are so helpful and really lift the spirits .!
Sending you hugs
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 05:25 AM

Feel for you, i get an occasional chest infection and know how debilitating it can be. But im sure it wont compare with your condition, take care of yourself and get any help you can.
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 08:43 AM

I had a bad night and up too early. Back aching, neck stiff and sore. Already looking forward to a morning nap! The discovery of paralysed lungs is very recent. The diaphram can be snipped in a few places to release but takes surgery they tell me I won't survive. I would have to go to the Ford Hospital in Detroit for that and followup care. I can be comfortable as ever when I get settled in my chair with a pain pill in me. Moving causes me the breathless gasping , anxiety that I can't get air. I have given up everything that I found pleasure in because of this. Thanks for your kind words...mean a lot to me that someone cares.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 08:44 AM

So sorry to hear that Shirley, life's a real B at time.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by ShirleyMarie ->
I had a bad night and up too early. Back aching, neck stiff and sore. Already looking forward to a morning nap! The discovery of paralysed lungs is very recent. The diaphram can be snipped in a few places to release but takes surgery they tell me I won't survive. I would have to go to the Ford Hospital in Detroit for that and followup care. I can be comfortable as ever when I get settled in my chair with a pain pill in me. Moving causes me the breathless gasping , anxiety that I can't get air. I have given up everything that I found pleasure in because of this. Thanks for your kind words...mean a lot to me that someone cares.
That's the hardest part of it all Shirley - my heart goes out to you - in my thoughts and prayers xx
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 09:05 AM

Sending all I can to you-just my best wishes.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by ShirleyMarie ->

The diaphram can be snipped in a few places to release but takes surgery they tell me I won't survive.
I'm so sorry for you ShirleyMarie. It seems this would be the best thing. Is there any way you could build yourself up - make yourself stronger to survive the surgery?
Why do they say you wouldn't survive it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top