Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2012, 03:07 PM

Noisy Foodmixers.

Sorry for butting in on this section but I have a question for those of you who do a lot of baking and use food mixers, I need your help as I'm being slowly driven deaf by the sound of the wife's food mixer, it's on now even as I type this. Do all food mixers have to make so much noise?, hers is like a jet plane taking off, a very high pitched whining brain piercing noise, and she keeps it going for ages, maybe she just bought a cheap one, I don't know but I would gladly buy her a noiseless one tomorrow if I could get one, is there one out there you could recommend?, then I could surprise her and keep her quiet at the same time.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2012, 05:57 PM

Re: Noisy Foodmixers.

The Kenwoods are probably the best Jimmy but not cheap. Have a look on Amazon. They are all a bit noisy but maybe not as bad as your current one.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2012, 08:03 PM

Sorry Jimmy, I haven't got one, so can't help.
I use a hand held jobby for whisking and mixing etc., well, there's only two of us now, so quantities are smaller.
I shall read replies with interest.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2012, 08:29 PM

Thanks Val and Janela.
I was looking at some and yes they are pricey, this one I put my eye on, it's £99.95 on Amazon, it's an, wait for it...Andrew James...Oooooh!, how does that grab ya!, they come in red and black as well as silver, won't she be pleased when she gets her dose of Andrews, sorry couldn't help that, anyway I doesn't say anything about how quiet it is, but it couldn't be that noisy for 125 euro or so.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2012, 11:52 AM

I have two. One like the Andrews, which I mostly use for bread dough, it is a beast of a machine but does a good job. They are a bit pricey but worth the money and my husband has never complained about noise but it is noisier than the processor. My advice is try before you buy.

The other is a food processor, which will slice, grate, puree and mix. It also has an attachment for blending food and that is the one that is noisy. It is a Philips and has served me well for many years.

Jem, can I ask what she uses it for and don't say to mix food It's just that I use the food processor a lot more than my food mixer and if I had to choose between the two, it would be the processor. This is mine. The attachments are for beating, whipping and the one in the mixer is a dough hook. OH! That read like a chapter from "Fifty Shades Of Grey."

[url=http://
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

21-11-2012, 06:50 PM

Mall since she started using the computer about 12 months ago she finds all sorts of recipes for cakes and scones, she then prints them out and studies them, even if I say so myself she does a great job on them, the oven is going nearly every day now baking something. I think she mixes up all the ingredients in the mixer and away it goes, funny how the noise of it doesn't seem to bother her. I love the scones she makes with my coffee, and the kids love them too. She has a food processor as far as I know but I never saw her use it.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2012, 08:02 PM

Shhhh. My husband might hear, he will be thinking that I should do the same

Good luck in your search for a silent mixer.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2012, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Shhhh. My husband might hear, he will be thinking that I should do the same

Good luck in your search for a silent mixer.
Now you've put your foot in it Mall darlin' - us fellahs are now watching intensely!!!
mesco m
manchester

23-11-2012, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Now you've put your foot in it Mall darlin' - us fellahs are now watching intensely!!!
Opps

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top