Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 03:41 AM

Re: I can never forgive myself for.............

Originally Posted by pixie ->
if only some was lucky to have a jag
I am happy to be alive and have food in the house
You and me both, Ann.

Don't know how 'lucky' owning a Jag would be - a friend of mine had one and it spent more time in the shop being fixed than being driven. She told everyone she sometimes just sat in it to enjoy the feeling without actually going anywhere.

As for regrets - yes, at one point in life I had regrets. As I get older I tend to let go of such constraints on my peace of mind. Or maybe my mind is just going?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Owning a Jag (or any car for that matter) won't necessarily make anyone happy - I had one (an XJS) and although the first couple of weeks it was nice, it soon just became 'a car' like they all do sooner or later. They're just 'things'.

I was once told that there is no such thing as a wrong decision - to know that, you would need to know what the outcome of an alternative decision would be and as that isn't possible, how can a decision be wrong.
Owning an XJS was usually the road to much unhappiness.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Owning an XJS was usually the road to much unhappiness.
Sorry spitfire, I've missed the joke - probably being a bit slow this morning

The worst car to own, imo and experience, was an Alpha - now that spent more time in the garage than the mechanics did (I might be exaggerating that a little bit but those cars are not made to spend long on the road without needing something looked at - never again would I own one).

If life has taught me one thing it is that possessions do not bring lasting happiness: just a fleeting one.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Sorry spitfire, I've missed the joke - probably being a bit slow this morning

The worst car to own, imo and experience, was an Alpha - now that spent more time in the garage than the mechanics did (I might be exaggerating that a little bit but those cars are not made to spend long on the road without needing something looked at - never again would I own one).

If life has taught me one thing it is that possessions do not bring lasting happiness: just a fleeting one.
Very true Ben, but I must say that Alfa's are like some beautiful ladies, you know there is not much beneath the surface, but that does not matter, what the eye perceives is all encompassing.
SOUL DJ
Hants. UK
SOUL DJ is female  SOUL DJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 08:18 AM

Hi Mindbender, Did you see the Jag as an extension of you?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Very true Ben, but I must say that Alfa's are like some beautiful ladies, you know there is not much beneath the surface, but that does not matter, what the eye perceives is all encompassing.
I remember Jeremy Clarkson saying something like that on Top Gear about them. I have to say it was fun to drive - especially over here where you can put your foot down relatively safely! It cost an arm and leg to keep on the road so it had to go. It was usually daft things as well - I remember once, driving along and the light inbetween the driver and passenger side (in the middle of the windscreen) just suddenly dropped down and dangled above the dashboard - it made me jump out of my skin! You can feel your blood pressure rising as you imagine the mechanics chuckling at your impending visit - again have you had any cars like that?
SOUL DJ
Hants. UK
SOUL DJ is female  SOUL DJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 08:25 AM

I have mentioned before that the route to letting go, as you know, is forgiving yourself.

There have been occasions in my life when I could have dwelled on if only...., but...., if I had...., maybe..., had I known.... I know that as long as we know our intentions; that they are never intended to cause harm and that we are never as powerful as we might think; we have to forgive ourselves, learn and move on.

Willow
UK
Willow is female 

20-04-2013, 08:46 AM

I don't think guilt is a particularly healthy thing to burden oneself with. If you have done something wrong try to put it right. If you can't move on and endeavour not to go down that route again.
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

20-04-2013, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by SOUL DJ ->
Hi Mindbender, Did you see the Jag as an extension of you?
NO definitely not - once I am behind the wheel of any car I quickly forgot its image - I am of course aware of its performance. But I always feel superior to any car after all it is I who carries the key and without which the car is dead!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by SOUL DJ ->
I have mentioned before that the route to letting go, as you know, is forgiving yourself.

There have been occasions in my life when I could have dwelled on if only...., but...., if I had...., maybe..., had I known.... I know that as long as we know our intentions; that they are never intended to cause harm and that we are never as powerful as we might think; we have to forgive ourselves, learn and move on.

It is no good dwelling on the past, you did,nt, so get on with life and make the best of what you have decided to do.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is the future just make sure you do not make the same mistakes.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top