Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

20-04-2013, 01:32 PM

Re: Bomb explosions at Boston Marathon kill 3

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Don't you believe it Willow. I don't know why you think it was OTT and not a measured/calculated and well practiced response
When threatened with terrorists and wanton, indiscriminate bombing and killing of innocent people by people so dangerous and far beyond reason as to be unreachable, then I think our own police and defence forces are every bit as well prepared and willing to act in a similar way to the USA. They are as capable as those in the USA of doing what is necessary in situations like this, even if it means the destruction of the threat. They will not hang about either asking questions and they were right to act like they did and also in shutting down the city.
What other solution would you suggest - invite these people out for tea and a chat.
Bear in mind also that one of the two was taken alive, so not exactly an OK corral shoot-out situation.
Big deal that ONE was taken alive! It would have been better if both had been. The authorities don't even know for sure that these two men did actually plant those bombs, they are only suspects. The more I hear about the USA the more thankful I am that I live in the UK!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 01:46 PM

If 'they' didn't do the bombings gal - they were sure gonna do some with all the explosives they had !!!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 01:58 PM

A man waiting at the finish line for his wife, a runner, noticed one of the suspects place a backpack on the ground beside him. The suspect looked right at him and walked away. Two and half minutes later the bomb went off. The victim lost both legs but survived. In hospital, when he regained consciousness, he asked for paper and a pen and wrote a description of the man who made eye contact as he set the bomb on the ground. That description set off the manhunt.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

20-04-2013, 03:50 PM

If the suspect in hospital lives to come to trial I wonder how fair it will be? Everyone seems to have decided on his guilt already. Of course he could be guilty, and he should spend the rest of his life in prison if that is the case.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 04:00 PM

Just dont get yer point at all
They certainly dont appear innocent to me - if they are then so be it - like I said, they had the explosives for a reason.....
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 08:03 PM

Police took great care dismantling a quantity of explosive devices found in their home. Several explosive devices, including homemade hand grenades, were thrown at police by both brothers.

Besides the one officer shot dead and one more in critical condition, 15 other police officers were injured by these two men as a direct result of the explosives thrown at police and/or the shots fired at police.

The second suspect was discovered last night hiding under a tarp over a boat in someone's backyard. When police used a bullhorn to ask him to come out, he fired upon them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Police took great care dismantling a quantity of explosive devices found in their home. Several explosive devices, including homemade hand grenades, were thrown at police by both brothers.

Besides the one officer shot dead and one more in critical condition, 15 other police officers were injured by these two men as a direct result of the explosives thrown at police and/or the shots fired at police.

The second suspect was discovered last night hiding under a tarp over a boat in someone's backyard. When police used a bullhorn to ask him to come out, he fired upon them.
Sue I think the police and powers that be did a fantastic job catching these two before there was even greater bloodshed.
The 'lock down' and capture seems to have been carried out with military precision.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

20-04-2013, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Sue I think the police and powers that be did a fantastic job catching these two before there was even greater bloodshed.
The 'lock down' and capture seems to have been carried out with military precision.
It's been a shocking week. Yes, thank goodness they were stopped before killing any one else. Hearing about all the devices found in their home makes me wonder if they had other targets planned. Imagine a schoolyard full of kids, or a crowded shopping mall. I guess the story will unfold. For now, nobody seems to understand their motive.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
It's been a shocking week. Yes, thank goodness they were stopped before killing any one else. Hearing about all the devices found in their home makes me wonder if they had other targets planned. Imagine a schoolyard full of kids, or a crowded shopping mall. I guess the story will unfold. For now, nobody seems to understand their motive.
..we had a taste of it with the IRA bombings and more recently the 7th of July bombings , you don't take chances when these kind of fanatical people are at large. You use every means possible to stop them in their tracks.

I hope Boson has a time of calm now to recover from this dreadful week though for many people their lives will be changed forever
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2013, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
If the suspect in hospital lives to come to trial I wonder how fair it will be? Everyone seems to have decided on his guilt already. Of course he could be guilty, and he should spend the rest of his life in prison if that is the case.
I find that statement amazing, he is guilty absolutely no doubt whatsoever, really there is no need for trial in this case, it is just a matter of sentence.
They threw explosives out of the car they stole, they shot a policeman, and their home is full of bombs, and you say, that above.
I sometimes wonder if you live in the same world as me.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top