Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 06:26 PM

Re: The Dover Proposal.

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We don't do that for goods coming from anywhere else in the world
Perhaps you should have read swimfeeders posts. He seems tireless in endavouring to help people understand international trade. Just look up his posts and educate yourself.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Perhaps you should have read swimfeeders posts. He seems tireless in endavouring to help people understand international trade. Just look up his posts and educate yourself.
I know international trade very well thanks very much. You should try it.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->

Oh dear ....

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKCN1PU1UU
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

Dover cross channel ferries carried 2,600,000 trucks.

That is a hell of a lot of paperwork.

It will simply all be done online. It was mentioned as such on the radio this week. Truck drivers will simply fill forms in online.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

05-02-2019, 07:35 PM

You can do it on your phone
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
As long as they are not waving through lorryloads of economic migrants at the same time.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Oh dear ....

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idUKKCN1PU1UU
Britain reciproking an earlier offer from the EU. Valid for a limited transition period. The administrative hubnub (on paper or digital is irrelevant) is coming. Look at the info you yourself provided with smart border 2.0.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
A chap from the Bristol port authority said in an interview that Bristol could handle any trucks using its ports in the event of a no-deal Brexit as the great majority of their existing trade is done under WTO already and hardly any from the EU. Sounds like another option to me.
I wonder why hardly any EU trucks use Bristol as a point of entry into the UK.?

https://www.bristolferry.com
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I think today you will find most of the trucks coming through Dover carry foreign plates carrying foreign goods so may I suggest the length of the queue is a foreigners problem
Makes no odds to me in the slightest if a polish Lithuanian Bulgarian truck sits in a queue all week any more than it bothers me a load of Spanish lettuce is spoilt in transit .... again that is an EU problem
I think I now understand why you voted for Brexit
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2019, 08:32 PM

It takes far longer to sail as far north as Bristol from France firstly but the car ships do use the port collecting /delivering new cars , or at least they did until our stupid government killed the car industry dead with crazy decisions over diesel

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top