Join for free
Reply
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Realist's Avatar
Realist
Chatterbox
Realist is offline
UK
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 8,774
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 08:28 PM
21

Re: Special place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan says Tusk

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Article 50 provides two years to draw up a feasible plan. That plan is laid down in the withdrawal deal. Britain doesn't want it.
Laughable.

Call us picky or pendantic but the clue there is really in the title "WITHDRAWal Agreement". By definition whatever that agreement has within it, one thing it absolutely MUST have is a withdrawal from the EU.

The tables "deal" does NOT actually withdraw the UK from the EU at all and is therefore NOT a "Withdrawal Agreement" by any definition of the term.

It's akin to buying a 2nd hand house and upon swapping contracts realising that the agreement still leaves the original owners as part owners of the house.

In short farcical.

And this is what THE EU has been pushing May to put before the house for 2 years!

So no surprise then there is no withdrawl deal because the EU is clearly not prepared to offer us one, despite that being a clear legal term of the EU Treaty.

The EU is to blame here, nobody else. The UK voted to leave and patently the EU has no intention of allowing us to leave.

That sir is the mark of a totalitarian state.

That being the case we shall simply leave with No Deal, whilst the rest of the world looks on and sees what the EU has done here. It will undoubtedly herald the beginning of the end of the EU.

Last one out turn of the lights
Reply With Quote
marmaduke
Senior Member
marmaduke is offline
uk ( Cheshire)
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,622
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 08:40 PM
22

Re: Special place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan says Tusk

https://youtu.be/JG63OnZ7Dkc


So we celebrate arriving in hell on March 29 th or June 23rd?
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 3,221
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 08:50 PM
23

Re: Special place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan says Tusk

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Laughable.

Call us picky or pendantic but the clue there is really in the title "WITHDRAWal Agreement". By definition whatever that agreement has within it, one thing it absolutely MUST have is a withdrawal from the EU.

The tables "deal" does NOT actually withdraw the UK from the EU at all and is therefore NOT a "Withdrawal Agreement" by any definition of the term.

It's akin to buying a 2nd hand house and upon swapping contracts realising that the agreement still leaves the original owners as part owners of the house.

In short farcical.

And this is what THE EU has been pushing May to put before the house for 2 years!

So no surprise then there is no withdrawl deal because the EU is clearly not prepared to offer us one, despite that being a clear legal term of the EU Treaty.

The EU is to blame here, nobody else. The UK voted to leave and patently the EU has no intention of allowing us to leave.

That sir is the mark of a totalitarian state.

That being the case we shall simply leave with No Deal, whilst the rest of the world looks on and sees what the EU has done here. It will undoubtedly herald the beginning of the end of the EU.

Last one out turn of the lights
Not arguing on the above text, your free opinion. Remains standing the fact the UK had two years to plan for a hard brexit. As a country you missed that opportunity, whoever british you blame for it.
Reply With Quote
Realist's Avatar
Realist
Chatterbox
Realist is offline
UK
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 8,774
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 09:31 PM
24

Re: Special place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan says Tusk

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Remains standing the fact the UK had two years to plan for a hard brexit. As a country you missed that opportunity, whoever british you blame for it.
Ah but as you so very well know you bandy about the terms to suit your argument with gay abandon.

You say "the UK" but the truth is it isn't the UK at all is it.

The "UK" is a country and its people.

The people didn't get any say in regards to the tabled "Withdrawal Agreement"

They could only sit back and watch with horror and disgust whilst EU stooge politicians in the UK government put on a complete pantomime farce, simply pretending to be negotiating when in truth they were simply puppets doing whatever their EU masters told them to do.

Hence we have NOT had any Withdrawal Agreement. We've simply had this pathetic pantomime diguised to look like a negotiation. Only the naive are fooled by it.

The UK people have been betrayed by the EU stooge politicians infesting our government. It is THEY who are responsible for the current situation and who will be responsible for the initial chaos that may ensure from a No Deal exit.

Given there isn't really any democracy in this country at all, the UK people can, at present, only sit and watch this farce take its course.

At some point however, change will have to be forced through. Change in the entire political system.
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 3,221
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 09:43 PM
25

Re: Special place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan says Tusk

Originally Posted by Realist ->
At some point however, change will have to be forced through. Change in the entire political system.
You mean a revolution of some kind?
Reply With Quote
Realist's Avatar
Realist
Chatterbox
Realist is offline
UK
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 8,774
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 09:52 PM
26

Re: Special place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan says Tusk

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You mean a revolution of some kind?
By whatever means is necessary to restore democracy and the constitutional rights of every citizen here. Leaving the EU is a start.
Reply With Quote
marmaduke
Senior Member
marmaduke is offline
uk ( Cheshire)
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,622
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 09:57 PM
27

Re: Special place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan says Tusk

Reading down to the bottom as this story grows I think tusk if anything has added fuel to the fire with his comments and as I was saying only a few posts ago the EU and their whole manner throughout brexit has in my opinion turned many against Europe for many many years


EU chief says there's a 'special place in hell' for Brexiteers
https://mol.im/a/6673107


Just read the comments coming in
Reply With Quote
Solasch
Senior Member
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 3,221
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 10:14 PM
28

Re: Special place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan says Tusk

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
EU chief says there's a 'special place in hell' for Brexiteers
https://mol.im/a/6673107


Just read the comments coming in
Reads like a lot of brexiters are already experiencing hell, even before brexit.
Reply With Quote
Lindyloo's Avatar
Lindyloo
Senior Member
Lindyloo is offline
isle of wight
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1,487
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 10:15 PM
29

Re: Special place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan says Tusk

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
do you agree with Donald Tusk or do you think it's good that we had no plan for Brexit?


"European Council President Donald Tusk has said that is a "special place in hell" for those who backed Brexit "without even a sketch of a plan" as he met with Irish Premier Leo Varadkar in Brussels to make plans for a "fiasco" scenario where Britain leaves the EU without a deal"




https://www.itv.com/news/2019-02-06/...s-on-backstop/
Could be a message to Boris Johnson not to expect a welcome if he applies to move to Europe.......or get a job there!
Reply With Quote
Bread's Avatar
Bread
Senior Member
Bread is online now
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 3,000
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-02-2019, 10:57 PM
30

Re: Special place in hell' for those who promoted Brexit without a plan says Tusk

Is the special place in hell the Irish backstop ?

Lol
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.