Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 11:31 PM

Tattoo shops.

What's all this accelerating trade for tattoo's lately?
I remember when I was a kid, my Uncle had tattoo's done when he was in the Navy, but he was the only person I knew of. I think lots of the sailors were 'done'. They used to have tattoos of snakes, or ladies, or their loved one's names, nothing like the weird things people have done today. And as for the people who have their whole faces done, well I just can't understand it.
Maybe something small, tasteful and discreet could be nice, but I really don't like these huge ones, especially over the face. I think they can even be quite intimidating, and surely it doesn't go down well at job interviews?
There are 4 tattoo shops opened in my small town now, so I guess it must be a growing trend.
I blame David Beckham.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 11:41 PM

Re: Tattoo shops.

I misread that and thought "snakes and ladders" that's a good idea for a tattoo! We've got a tattoo convention here in a couple of weeks, I think I'll go just to be nosey! I quite fancy a small bracelet of roses around one wrist, but don't think I'd have the nerve!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 11:45 PM

Now classed as body art. Its still frowned apon in many religions and cultures.

I do know someone who has his whole body and face tattooed, he says its hides the hurt. He looks like a bit of a hard man or a villian but he is actually a soft gentle man who saw this as a way of expressing himself and hiding from a world that had repeatedly let him down.

I have one, a rebellion on turning 40..I got so sick of all the negative nellies who went on and on about life being all down hill from then on I went and did something to prove I was still alive and kicking.. Its on my shoulder blade can be covered with any tshirt and didnt hurt a bit...
In fact I fell asleep.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 11:48 PM

[QUOTE=Twizard;596074]I misread that and thought "snakes and ladders" that's a good idea for a tattoo! We've got a tattoo convention here in a couple of weeks, I think I'll go just to be nosey! I quite fancy a small bracelet of roses around one wrist, but don't think I'd have the nerve![/QUOTE]

That could be quite pretty Twiz, be a devil and do it! Then you can post a photo for us.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

20-01-2015, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Now classed as body art. Its still frowned apon in many religions and cultures.

I do know someone who has his whole body and face tattooed, he says its hides the hurt. He looks like a bit of a hard man or a villian but he is actually a soft gentle man who saw this as a way of expressing himself and hiding from a world that had repeatedly let him down.

I have one, a rebellion on turning 40..I got so sick of all the negative nellies who went on and on about life being all down hill from then on I went and did something to prove I was still alive and kicking.. Its on my shoulder blade can be covered with any tshirt and didnt hurt a bit...
In fact I fell asleep.

Although that is kind of sad in a way Cass, when life picks up for him again, and he finds happiness, he will be forever stuck with a reminder of all the negativity he has got through.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2015, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Although that is kind of sad in a way Cass, when life picks up for him again, and he finds happiness, he will be forever stuck with a reminder of all the negativity he has got through.
I dont think he will ever get over what he has been through and the ink is a part of who he is now..
I think the thing is to see past the old predjudices and see people for who they are now what covers them..

This applies to people who judge by clothing too..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGPjUyVtTQw
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-01-2015, 12:11 AM

That video is shameful and not really what I was on about. I was not talking about someone collapsing in the street, needing help, was I. I agree that was wicked to ignore that person, although in a way, I am not surprised by the lack of response.

Maybe humans are not always being cruel to ignore someone like that, maybe sometimes people are also afraid incase its a set up for a mugging for example. It could also depend on the type of area you are in, whether its daylight or darkness, and whether you are alone or not. Very little is as straightforward as it seems IMO. But the least you could do is phone for an ambulance.
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2015, 12:14 AM

Like this ??? Yikes !!!
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2015, 12:16 AM

Or this ??? Not my thing at all, I am afraid.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

21-01-2015, 12:30 AM

No.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top