Join for free
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

05-02-2015, 02:46 PM

Winning party manifesto.

I have been looking at simple ways of encouraging people to vote for a political party which initially might be trailing behind the other main parties. It wouldn't cost as much as building a daft high speed rail link to Scotland or replacing the Trident missile defence system.
I would suggest the following manifesto pledges be incorporated.

1) Six free items of food would be given to each shopper at the till on a Friday nights. This would boost the sales of the major stores and would be financed by them.

2) Extra money would be put in your bank account for each £ 40.00 you spent during the week. This could be checked on line by entering the receipt number and a registration number issued to the seller when the scheme starts.

3) Free beer on Friday nights to those over the age of 18 unless you had been a bit naughty and been placed on an ASBO list.

4) A share of the bosses weekly salary every fourth week, as a thank you for all the effort you made in the previous three weeks. This would basically mean that he takes a 25% pay cut. Only fair if you think about it.

5) Extra time off work when you make the bosses secretary laugh. These girls never seem to happy.

6) A large box of chocolates to be delivered to all ladies over 18 years old on their Birthday with a card signed by a government official.

I think this would be a good boost for any party and would give money back to the people who voted them in instead of wasting money on daft ideas.

What do you think ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 03:07 PM

Re: Winning party manifesto.

I am voting for you where do I put my cross ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 03:50 PM

Sorry Bob I don't like beer
Change it to something else and I might vote for you
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

05-02-2015, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Sorry Bob I don't like beer
Change it to something else and I might vote for you
Possibly a nice Rioja, may I suggest the Tempranille with it's fruity and light appeal. Or would you prefer a Rioja Blanco made from malvasia grapes. If this does not please you, possibly a Don Perignon Vintage Champagne 2004. The choice must remain yours.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by littlebob ->
Possibly a nice Rioja, may I suggest the Tempranille with it's fruity and light appeal. Or would you prefer a Rioja Blanco made from malvasia grapes. If this does not please you, possibly a Don Perignon Vintage Champagne 2004. The choice must remain yours.
...oh go on then Bob you have tempted me
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:14 PM

Sounds like a winning strategy to me.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2015, 08:18 PM

I never shop on Friday nights, littlebob, can I have my 6 free items another day?
That would swing it...
littlebob
Gwynedd Wales
littlebob is male 

05-02-2015, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...oh go on then Bob you have tempted me
Meg, your sweetness is my weakness !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top